Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #14836
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
quite a good deal with those lenses...sad bit at the end ...'Reason for selling - going to Nikon'
at least they recognise Sony sensors

we could do a group buy ! I bagz the 70-200

03-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #14837
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've checked for loose change under the couch cushions, the ashtrays in the cars, even the bowl with all the keys in the kitchen. So no, I won't be bidding. Nice deal though.
03-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #14838
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Doubt the starting bid is the reserve either.

Never ever got my head around starting an auction below reserve personally, - just invites time wasters who are potentially in a different price capability ball park to yourself.

Re the Nikon thing, I think it's a great time to be looking for a camera, and brands have to work harder than ever to retain customers. I do wonder now what I'd go with if I was just starting out. Almost guarantee it wouldn't be Pentax in New Zealand, as where would I buy it from and how would I even find out about it? Expect it would be Sony or Olympus, followed by Canon, given I could walk into any Noel Lemming/Harvey Norman type shop nationwide and see handle/those.

I have an overseas trip coming up, and I'm genuinely a bit annoyed that Pentax doesn't do better video. I'd love mechanical stabilisation but that never came back unfortunately. I think Pentax still has the edge on stills IQ, but reality wise there are other brands that do video well, for which the stills IQ is getting close to Pentax levels. How much is that important? Guess it's a personal thing.
03-04-2018, 04:44 PM   #14839

Thats a good looking kit but the seller should split the Sigmas in their own listings because the 70mm macro is quite rare and 70-200 should be well sort after, I'd be interested.

03-04-2018, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #14840
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
quite a good deal with those lenses...sad bit at the end ...'Reason for selling - going to Nikon'
at least they recognise Sony sensors

Knowing the customer, the K-1 would have been bought for a specific reason, then when the task is completed on it goes, he currently runs Nikon, Canon , Olympus & Pentax systems... but has decided to rationalize systems down to the Oly & Nikon mainly because he has an extensive Nikon glass collection
03-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #14841
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Thats a good looking kit but the seller should split the Sigmas in their own listings because the 70mm macro is quite rare and 70-200 should be well sort after, I'd be interested.
persackerly
03-04-2018, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #14842
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
If only I hadn't spent all my spare change on the 250-600....ah well, next time maybe.

Still glass is for a long term, bodies less so...

03-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #14843
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
unfortunately he wont do that, he has been burned doing such things, to be left with oddball items from kits that he has split for others in the past such as battery grips & remotes for cameras that wont fit anything else, to still have them several years later
03-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #14844
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
unfortunately he wont do that, he has been burned doing such things, to be left with oddball items from kits that he has split for others in the past such as battery grips & remotes for cameras that wont fit anything else, to still have them several years later
understandable. Pulling the two sigmas would still leave a robust and saleable package
03-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #14845

19 watchers, I thought Pentax is a doomed brand?
03-05-2018, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #14846
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So what are we doing for page 1000? How about between now and then all of us getting a shot and dedicating the page?
03-05-2018, 01:23 AM - 2 Likes   #14847
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know which one mine will be - an albatross that was investigating our boat in Doubtful Sound (glorious weather!). Had the PLM on, someone said ‘albatross!’ (it wasn’t John Cleese) and I swung to locate, frame, focus, track and shoot it - all in less time than it took John Cleese to say ‘stormy petrel on a stick’! And a sharp result, so that deals with Pentax-AF-is-slow-and-tracking-is-rubbish! Certainly with the PLM anyway, and also the DC-powered 20-40.
03-05-2018, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #14848
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
I know which one mine will be - an albatross that was investigating our boat in Doubtful Sound (glorious weather!). Had the PLM on, someone said ‘albatross!’ (it wasn’t John Cleese) and I swung to locate, frame, focus, track and shoot it - all in less time than it took John Cleese to say ‘stormy petrel on a stick’! And a sharp result, so that deals with Pentax-AF-is-slow-and-tracking-is-rubbish! Certainly with the PLM anyway, and also the DC-powered 20-40.
Ahhhh if you hadn't nailed it to the perch the AF would have never handled it!!
03-05-2018, 02:57 AM   #14849
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yeah does seem to be the legacy screw drive approach that’s holding things back in this area.

Must find that focussing example video, it’s incredible.
03-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #14850
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Yeah does seem to be the legacy screw drive approach that’s holding things back in this area.

Must find that focussing example video, it’s incredible.
Na na I just had to use a bit of the Parrot shop sketch!!. Wouldn't know what the AF was like - never use it. But you are right - it is quite likely the backward compatibility for F lenses that creates the limitations.
« GR x GIN Social | - »