Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3678 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2018, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #15106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
During an injury break in a rugby game yesterday near Paraparaumu airport, kept thinking of Zk on this forum for some reason!!
Nothing special, just a few that were coming into land.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D500  Photo 
06-24-2018, 08:04 PM - 3 Likes   #15107
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A few more from the Vietnam trip. Nearly finished developing them all.

06-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #15108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote

Outside of that, you can fly up to 400 feet / 120meters, always in line of sight, give way to any manned aircraft, and only during daylight hours/never after dark, and not within 4km of an aerodrome.

Oh and you should have permission from the owner of the land you're flying over too...
I just saw an experienced drone operator going nuts on Destination Marlborough's official FB page, as they'd shared a photo that was clearly taken from a drone in controlled airspace, and highly unlikely to have have got authorisation. At least the local tourism agency didn't actually take the image themselves, but visitors could certainly be led to believe that dodgy behaviour is ok.
06-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #15109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
I just saw an experienced drone operator going nuts on Destination Marlborough's official FB page, as they'd shared a photo that was clearly taken from a drone in controlled airspace, and highly unlikely to have have got authorisation. At least the local tourism agency didn't actually take the image themselves, but visitors could certainly be led to believe that dodgy behaviour is ok.
Similar story here:
Drone operator fined $3000 for 'favour' to Palmerston North City Council | Stuff.co.nz

It's not that you flat out can't, but you have to be suitably qualified for these non standard flights, and you have to have full permission, from both the land owner and air traffic control if flying beyond what you're allowed to or when you're allowed to, and adhere to all rules pertaining to the situation/location etc.

Grey area exists in terms of filming/photographing people, and I'm not entirely sure of any drone specific regulations around that. I'm assuming they think that's covered by needing landowners permission?

06-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #15110
Veteran Member

Similar story here:
Drone operator fined $3000 for 'favour' to Palmerston North City Council | Stuff.co.nz

It's not that you flat out can't, but you have to be suitably qualified for these non standard flights, and you have to have full permission, from both the land owner and air traffic control if flying beyond what you're allowed to or when you're allowed to, and adhere to all rules pertaining to the situation/location etc.

Grey area exists in terms of filming/photographing people, and I'm not entirely sure of any drone specific regulations around that. I'm assuming they think that's covered by needing landowners permission?
I think you are meant to have consent in writing for any person you are filming as well as permission from the land/venue owner. I actually read the back of a ticket for the Highlands 101 in Cromwell a couple of years back and it had on the back that by purchasing a ticket you consented to being filmed/photographed and the image being used for promotional purposes, and they had 3 drones being operated by teams of 3 flying close to spectator areas while filming the track and the crowd,
Any work produced that gets used commercially must be done by a certified operator, even if no money changes hands i believe, as a way to keep cowboy operators out and stop randoms spend $700 on a drone at JB Hifi and saying they have a drone photography business.
06-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #15111
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A few more from the Vietnam trip.
Very nice!
06-25-2018, 03:36 AM   #15112
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the blue and purple on the train. That's a bit of a variation from most trains I've seen. Blue is common enough, but purple is a bit novel.

06-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #15113
Veteran Member

Some gorgeous images there, i do love all the colours in the street scenes and the train.
06-28-2018, 01:13 AM   #15114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
During an injury break in a rugby game yesterday near Paraparaumu airport, kept thinking of Zk on this forum for some reason!!
Why ever were you thinking of me??

Nice shots! Real action in a lot of them. I particularly like the perspective on the first three.
06-28-2018, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #15115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just the usual heads up on the next total lunar eclipse on July 28. First contact will be around 5.14am. Unfortunately for us, just after the moon enters totality, the big yellow fronts up (sunrise is 7.31am) and moonset is at 7.38am.

http://rasnz.org.nz/in-the-sky/eclipses-2018

Mars and a blood moon, with 'longest lunar eclipse of century' | Stuff.co.nz
06-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #15116
Pentaxian

Thanks!
06-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #15117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
Just the usual heads up on the next total lunar eclipse on July 28. First contact will be around 5.14am. Unfortunately for us, just after the moon enters totality, the big yellow fronts up (sunrise is 7.31am) and moonset is at 7.38am.

http://rasnz.org.nz/in-the-sky/eclipses-2018

Mars and a blood moon, with 'longest lunar eclipse of century' | Stuff.co.nz
Its going to be very cool... plus Mars will be the closest its been to us since 2003, and next time it will be this close will be in about 25 years

So for you Pentaxians out there with telescopes,time to get them out, and if you dont already have one grab a T2 K mount adapter and grab some cool images of Mars
06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #15118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
So for you Pentaxians out there with telescopes,time to get them out, and if you dont already have one grab a T2 K mount adapter and grab some cool images of Mars
Weather sux at the moment. Been meaning to tart up the 12" but wouldn't be putting the K-70 on. I do have a dedicated planetary cam which I should give a whirl.
06-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #15119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
why ever were you thinking of me??
Planes!!
06-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #15120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
Weather sux at the moment. Been meaning to tart up the 12" but wouldn't be putting the K-70 on. I do have a dedicated planetary cam which I should give a whirl.
Nice, What 12" do you have?
I am currently shopping for a new power pack for my 6" Ritchey Chretien & GOTO EQ mount, want to have it sorted before the planets line up next week, and the Mars close approach at the end of July