Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2018, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #15331
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
That's a pretty decent sort of upgrade.
Unfortunately it's PF and not official Ricoh. Now if only Ricoh themselves could be made aware that there are actually people in NZ who use Pentax gear.
I know! On principle, I ask for the Pentax display whenever I walk into a camera shop. The responses, sometimes, are quite laughable.

09-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #15332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm still in shock! Thank you. I can't believe it!
Congrats.
09-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #15333
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
Congrats.
Thank you.
09-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #15334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krebss Quote
Holy cow MarkJerling! You're now the proud owner of a K1-II! Congrats!

Super happy that it's been won by a Kiwi Pentaxian

2 free cameras in a week, not bad
Awesome news!!! Congrats Mark!

---------- Post added 09-03-18 at 02:47 PM ----------

That's a pretty decent sort of upgrade.
Unfortunately it's PF and not official Ricoh. Now if only Ricoh themselves could be made aware that there are actually people in NZ who use Pentax gear.
You are so right, Sure im not a digital Pentax user, but i still use Pentax, and working in the retail photo industry, it is a massive shame that Pentax is not well represented to the industry anymore, When i talk to people about what film gear i use, the common question is what Nikon/Canon do i shoot if 35mm, or what model Hassy or Mamiya do i shoot in Medium format, so when i pull out my Pentax 645, Auto 110 (i dont shoot 35mm currently) i get surprised looks that i shoot Pentax which sucks.. they are such gorgeous cameras to use and the glass is excellent.

Last edited by Kiwi645hauler; 09-03-2018 at 02:49 PM.
09-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #15335
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
Thank you!
09-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #15336
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote

---------- Post added 09-03-18 at 02:47 PM ----------

You are so right, Sure im not a digital Pentax user, but i still use Pentax, and working in the retail photo industry, it is a massive shame that Pentax is not well represented to the industry anymore, When i talk to people about what film gear i use, the common question is what Nikon/Canon do i shoot if 35mm, or what model Hassy or Mamiya do i shoot in Medium format, so when i pull out my Pentax 645, Auto 110 (i dont shoot 35mm currently) i get surprised looks that i shoot Pentax which sucks.. they are such gorgeous cameras to use and the glass is excellent.
You should see how people look at me with my Holga's and Cosina's.
09-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #15337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sqrrl Quote
You should see how people look at me with my Holga's and Cosina's.
Nothing but respect for a Cosina. That's what I started with and why I'm still on Pentax today.

09-03-2018, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #15338
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Nothing but respect for a Cosina. That's what I started with and why I'm still on Pentax today.
Same here. Broke the body crossing a creek in the Craigieburn area of Canterbury high country, but the lens lived on a while longer on my first real Pentax body, till some plastic bushes broke so the focusing ring became all wobbly.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 03:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I know! On principle, I ask for the Pentax display whenever I walk into a camera shop. The responses, sometimes, are quite laughable.
In my case, since I always seem to be slightly in need of a haircut, I should tell them that hey, if I'm going to have a Beatles look, I've got to have the matching camera, and if Pentax was good enough for them, I've got to have one to complete the look.
09-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #15339
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In my case, since I always seem to be slightly in need of a haircut, I should tell them that hey, if I'm going to have a Beatles look, I've got to have the matching camera, and if Pentax was good enough for them, I've got to have one to complete the look.
I've been in need of a haircut since 1994!
09-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #15340
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have an old Cosina lens that still functions perfectly. Well, almost perfectly. Focus ring is a bit stiff, but other than that it's perfect.
09-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #15341
Veteran Member

My cosina's have been handled by students and survived that experiment - Students have an astonishing ability to... ah... find the 'weak points' in camera equipment.
09-04-2018, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #15342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brian May was known to lug an ES-II about.
Brian News -August 2017
09-04-2018, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #15343
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
Brian May was known to lug an ES-II about.
Brian News -August 2017
Ah... so regardless of market share or pros and cons of functionality, Pentax can claim "We are the champions!" ?

Come to think of it, maybe Pentax does have a bit of a musical affinity. I think the first ever honours I gained in a camera club competition was a photo of my fiddle.
09-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #15344
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah... so regardless of market share or pros and cons of functionality, Pentax can claim "We are the champions!" ?

Come to think of it, maybe Pentax does have a bit of a musical affinity. I think the first ever honours I gained in a camera club competition was a photo of my fiddle.
I think the Beatles used Pentax SV or SV-1 cameras. So, you're in good company!
09-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #15345
Veteran Member

My dad had a K mount Ricoh when i was growing up, infact it was the first camera i ever got to use on my own, until mum moved dads open bag and dropped it and broke the prism housing

I had the coolest Cosina come through the shop the other day.... a Brand new from the factory Voigtlander Bessa R4M (by Cosina)