Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3679 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #15451
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
No, I don't get that issue if I copy your settings.
That is strange - I get it with the K1 the D810 but not the k1-11 or the NZ7

11-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #15452
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
The Fuji viewfinders in the X-H1 & GFX50s are the same 3.7 million dot 100fps capable screens i am not 100% sure, but i did read somewhere that they are specific to Fuji designs.
Well, I guess they belong to the best the industry can offer right now and I'm afraid it is not good enough.
See my other post about Nikon's EVF as well.

As for the OSPDAF, remember, this tech in reality, is still in its infancy,..
Sure, and it is not unusual for any tech to have some downsides.

I'm mostly complaining about the tech press not putting in due diligence when it comes to reporting the full picture.
I'm also arguing in favour of retaining the category of "still photography camera" as a useful one that is worth keeping.

The biggest issue is as a retailer, The Majority of camera makers are now being run as electronics companies,...
Yes, anything you buy from Sony will be made old-tech by Sony themselves the next couple of months.

One of the biggest issues i have with d p rev is unless it is Sonikonanon they do not rate anything well.
They like Fuji quite a bit as well.

DXO mark is always a good one
Yes, definitely, but I very much doubt they come close to having the influence of dee pee raveview.

Oh and as for still images not needing OSPDAF, it is super handy when doing macro and closeup work because you can use live view and focus where you want and not cast shadow on the subject leaning into to check focus when the shutter is released.
In such scenarios, good old contrast detect also works very well.
If you want ultimate focus precision, you'll have to lean on contrast detect anyhow, as OSPDAF removes the potential for different optical paths lengths but may still suffer from other AF accuracy detractors lens aberrations and lenses with focus shift.
11-06-2018, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #15453
Pentaxian

Original Poster
One of the most modern and highly regarded EVF (electronic viewfinder) for its acuity, the one used in the Nikon Z7, does this:

What you see is how the EVF fails to adequately update the content when the camera is used in its burst mode.
Instead of keeping track with the counter on the screen, the EVF content freezes.

That's all but ideal for many scenarios in which one would typically use burst mode, as one cannot adjust the framing, if the viewfinder is not keeping up.

This, and a lot of issues more, didn't stop dee pee raveview to give the Z7 a silver award.
Well, at least they mention some of the Z7's downsides.

And look at them, finally they learned that "in-body image stabilisation" is a great feature and worth being mentioned in the "Pros"/"What we like" overview.
Dee pee raveview repeatedly dropped the ball on this when reviewing Pentax cameras. If it hadn't been for readers complaining, the respective overview sections still wouldn't mention that Pentax DSLRs offer in-body image stabilisation.
11-06-2018, 01:55 AM   #15454
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
Cheers. I seem to have lost my mojo at the moment.
Slap a prime lens on and go somewhere new at the weekend. All good 👍🏻

11-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #15455
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Slap a prime lens on and go somewhere new at the weekend. All good 👍🏻
I wish. Wife works in Hamilton and I have to pack up the house for the move north. All projects on hold.
11-06-2018, 02:21 PM - 2 Likes   #15456
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I wish. Wife works in Hamilton and I have to pack up the house for the move north. All projects on hold.
On the plus side, they have amazing gardens there

11-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #15457
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
That is strange - I get it with the K1 the D810 but not the k1-11 or the NZ7
Do you see it on the screen, or get it when you screenshot it? And, if screenshot, what are you using to create the screenshot?

11-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #15458
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
One of the most modern and highly regarded EVF (electronic viewfinder) for its acuity, the one used in the Nikon Z7, does this:

Nikon Z7: EVF refresh rate at 5.5fps - YouTube

What you see is how the EVF fails to adequately update the content when the camera is used in its burst mode.
Instead of keeping track with the counter on the screen, the EVF content freezes.

That's all but ideal for many scenarios in which one would typically use burst mode, as one cannot adjust the framing, if the viewfinder is not keeping up.

This, and a lot of issues more, didn't stop dee pee raveview to give the Z7 a silver award.
Well, at least they mention some of the Z7's downsides.

And look at them, finally they learned that "in-body image stabilisation" is a great feature and worth being mentioned in the "Pros"/"What we like" overview.
Dee pee raveview repeatedly dropped the ball on this when reviewing Pentax cameras. If it hadn't been for readers complaining, the respective overview sections still wouldn't mention that Pentax DSLRs offer in-body image stabilisation.
Its the Nikon D40 v K100D all over again on dee pee... One thing about the Z EVF video, was that as factory standard or with the Image Review & Burst Show options turned on or off? If they were off, then that is pretty abysmal for a $6K camera,
11-06-2018, 05:24 PM   #15459
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

still there today. It is on the test - I just used the screenshot to record it. (damn reply button -- replying to Mark)

Just checked my other computer and it is the same. both Ubuntu linux one slimjet browser one firefox.
11-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #15460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
On the plus side, they have amazing gardens there
Cheers. Nice pic. Is that the Pixel Shift Thingy? Actually we are off to Te Kuiti so glow worms might be the buzz for us.
11-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #15461
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

still there today. It is on the test - I just used the screenshot to record it. (damn reply button -- replying to Mark)

Just checked my other computer and it is the same. both Ubuntu linux one slimjet browser one firefox.
Odd. I don't see it. Perhaps a display issue your side?
11-06-2018, 05:46 PM   #15462
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Odd. I don't see it. Perhaps a display issue your side?
If it was a display issue surely it would be global?
11-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #15463
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If it was a display issue surely it would be global?
Odd. I've tried it again - this time on a different monitor.
Still shows correctly for me.
Attached Images

11-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #15464
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As a bonus, Hamilton is close to Cambridge and Cambridge has a velodrome.
11-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #15465
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here again. the only camera of this bunch not showing it is the z7. I have tried them in various windows and the effect follows them. So that is page 7 exposure latitude. It suggests the graphics are the issue coz the effect doesn't show up till I move the box around. What is suspicious is I still can't get it to do it with the Z7 at all.
Attached Images