Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3678 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2020, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #16681
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Hey, just wanted to say I hope everyone is well set to bunker down for a month.

Stay safe all.
Cheers. I have been in self isolation since I retired so no big deal there. Might do some Astro while I wait things out. Hopefully this situation will slow Musk's attempts to fill near Earth orbits with more junk.

My wife is able to work from home. Today, of all days, her work lappy decided to suck the kumara.

Take care all.

Last edited by pixelsaurus; 03-23-2020 at 07:45 AM.
03-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #16682
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

We are considered an essential business as we support Councils and Utilities, so we will be busy enough I think.

We are all working from home, but also keeping our office open to support staff as necessary. No travel of course, but I reckon that will make more time available for a bit of photography around Timaru as I get out for a few more walks.
03-23-2020, 11:18 PM   #16683
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
My wife is able to work from home. Today, of all days, her work lappy decided to suck the kumara.
I have a hoard of $10 laptops from our local Trash Palace tip shop.

Took 2 to get wifelet #1 up and running in the home office...
i3/8GB ram /500GB hard drive runs Citrix fine...

Isolate, adhere, relax, take photos, and it will all be good .

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Just more of the same isolation out here on the farm. !
Yes...here too... never felt lonely in all my years...now all these other buggers are doing it too....and moaning about it !...

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:31 PM ----------

How is it going Bob? Laying off the cider yourself?
Meaning ???

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
I have a very heavily laden red delicious here. Oh well, apple pie, apple crumble, apple shortcake, roast pork with apple, for the next four weeks till I look as round as an apple.
Sounds delicious ! We're harvesting Egremont and Merton Russets, Cornish Aromatic, Lundbytorp, Hetlina, Cox's Orange and some Foxwhelp...
03-23-2020, 11:52 PM   #16684
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
I have a hoard of $10 laptops from our local Trash Palace tip shop.

Took 2 to get wifelet #1 up and running in the home office...
i3/8GB ram /500GB hard drive runs Citrix fine...

Isolate, adhere, relax, take photos, and it will all be good .

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:29 PM ----------

Yes...here too... never felt lonely in all my years...now all these other buggers are doing it too....and moaning about it !...

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:31 PM ----------

Meaning ???

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2020 at 06:35 PM ----------

Sounds delicious ! We're harvesting Egremont and Merton Russets, Cornish Aromatic, Lundbytorp, Hetlina, Cox's Orange and some Foxwhelp...
Sorry Bob just that we don't hear from you much these days.

03-23-2020, 11:56 PM - 2 Likes   #16685
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sorry Bob just that we don't hear from you much these days.
You're a regular voluble hermit....I'm an intermittant voluble hermit

No apology needed..

Last edited by bobD; 03-24-2020 at 12:07 AM.
03-24-2020, 02:44 AM   #16686
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

You're a regular voluble hermit....I'm an intermittant voluble hermit
I think we are all hermits for the next 4 weeks
03-24-2020, 10:36 PM   #16687
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

That's a lot of varieties I've never heard of before, apart from Cox's Orange, which I helped dispatch tonnes of to Russia back in the day when grapes weren't about the only thing to be found on flat land in Marlborough.

---------- Post added 03-25-20 at 06:44 PM ----------

I've got plenty of work thankfully, but I've decided to blog a bit more often than I usually do in case anyone's short of reading material, and my Pentax is all part of the plan.

It's a Beautiful Day

03-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #16688
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I think we are all hermits for the next 4 weeks
Too true. And as my K-1 is only now ready to leave Japan I can't even do any photography. I may get more work done during these four weeks than most other weeks!
No meetings, except for Zoom and Skype makes for some pretty productive days!
03-25-2020, 12:18 AM - 5 Likes   #16689
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Four more weeks stuck in my bubble!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
03-25-2020, 01:15 AM   #16690
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Four more weeks stuck in my bubble!
That is excellent GUB
03-25-2020, 02:03 AM   #16691
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
That is excellent GUB
Thanks Ross. My Camera Club is pushing its private FB page to keep the juices running for members while we have no meetings/ competitions. Everyone is trying to do a random image a day . I might overflow some of my images here -- good idea for others here too methinks.
03-25-2020, 02:10 AM - 4 Likes   #16692
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In fact - here is yesterdays. Looking over the Whanganui River from Puketotara hut on the Matemateaonga walkway
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
03-25-2020, 02:23 AM   #16693
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Ross. My Camera Club is pushing its private FB page to keep the juices running for members while we have no meetings/ competitions. Everyone is trying to do a random image a day . I might overflow some of my images here -- good idea for others here too methinks.
I just had a meeting with the rest of my camera club's committee via Zoom tonight. It was a bit of an experience, as most had never used Zoom before, but eventually we got everyone connected, and everyone was actually quite pleased how well it all went.

We're aiming to proceed with our regular club night on schedule, but via Zoom rather than in person.
The screen sharing produces excellent quality, so we can still run a powerpoint of the month's competition results and have someone read out the critiques.

I can find plenty to photograph around the garden at the moment, and with the cooler weather starting to arrive, hopefully there should be some fungi about soon, so my macro lens should get a good work out.
03-25-2020, 02:34 AM   #16694
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
I just had a meeting with the rest of my camera club's committee via Zoom tonight. It was a bit of an experience, as most had never used Zoom before, but eventually we got everyone connected, and everyone was actually quite pleased how well it all went.

We're aiming to proceed with our regular club night on schedule, but via Zoom rather than in person.
The screen sharing produces excellent quality, so we can still run a powerpoint of the month's competition results and have someone read out the critiques.

I can find plenty to photograph around the garden at the moment, and with the cooler weather starting to arrive, hopefully there should be some fungi about soon, so my macro lens should get a good work out.
We figured the year is stuffed for mounted prints and the associated scoring system. We intend to try and keep up the DPIs (electronic images) but I doubt a fair scoring system can be built out of it. Personally i don't worry about the overall scores - just like the peer review. We normally have a mounted print exhibition in October or so in a local gallery. I suspect we will jazz that up into a larger celebration of our years work this time.
03-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #16695
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I suspect we will jazz that up into a larger celebration of our years work this time.
Celebrating is going to be the name of the game at the end of all this

---------- Post added 25-03-20 at 10:38 PM ----------

In fact - here is yesterdays. Looking over the Whanganui River from Puketotara hut on the Matemateaonga walkway
Yup, I really like that one