Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3678 Likes Search this Thread
05-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #16801
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
LBA has struck again. I have zooms that cover everything from 10mm-500mm, with varying degrees of sharpness. To date my prime collection has been a bit limited though. I've just added a 35mm FA F2 AL to the collection, which finally gives me the equivalent to a 50mm standard lens on FF on APS-C. I guess I could have gone with a DA 35, but F2 is a little bit quicker which will be good I'm thinking for street/portrait type use, I'm future proofed if I eventually get a full frame, and since it's got an aperture ring, I can use it fine on my K-50 that's suffering from the dreaded aperture block failure, if I need a second body.

05-12-2020, 08:59 PM - 2 Likes   #16802
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Maybe I could take proper pichas if I had it
SMC Pentax-A* 85mm f1.4 Lens | Trade Me
I think I will wait for the new 85mm from Pentax
05-13-2020, 04:35 AM - 1 Like   #16803
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
LBA has struck again.
I just landed a Rokinon 135mm f/2.0, beast that it is. It weighs a ton and am waiting for some mounting rings and bracket to show up from France. Then it all goes on my iOptron StarGuider mount. This has been a work in progress for a while.

Samyang 135mm f:2 - Astrokraken.fr

SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount with iPolar
05-14-2020, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #16804
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
I just landed a Rokinon 135mm f/2.0, beast that it is. It weighs a ton and am waiting for some mounting rings and bracket to show up from France. Then it all goes on my iOptron StarGuider mount. This has been a work in progress for a while.
Sounds like progress is being made

05-14-2020, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #16805
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote

Samyang 135mm f:2 - Astrokraken.fr

SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount with iPolar
Wow! That's some pretty serious astro gear. Still, it could be a lot more expensive ... like Hubble...
05-16-2020, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #16806
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lockdown meant working from home. Working from home meant many short walks in the back garden for breaks. Many walks in the back garden meant many encounters with birdies. So... I started leaving my camera by the back door and grabbing it as I was about to lap the garden. I missed the deep-chestnut coloured dunnock that would not stay in one place very long, but these feathered friends were a bit more accommodating.

I quite like how this one turned out.

05-16-2020, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #16807
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Very nice.

I think that has been one of the good things to come out of lock down, we all slowed down for a little bit, and when you slow down you see differently

05-17-2020, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #16808
Pentaxian

Lockdown meant working from home. Working from home meant many short walks in the back garden for breaks. Many walks in the back garden meant many encounters with birdies. So... I started leaving my camera by the back door and grabbing it as I was about to lap the garden. I missed the deep-chestnut coloured dunnock that would not stay in one place very long, but these feathered friends were a bit more accommodating.

Given the reduction in the amount of human aerial activity in recent weeks, changing to natural flighty subjects isn't a bad move. I've managed the odd one or two, although not overly great images.
I've managed my first ever image of a grey warbler as one was sitting outside my home office window in a tree (note to self; clean the window for better optics!), managed to get a kingfisher sitting on a power line a few hundred metres from home, and ended up with quite a few pipit images, as there are a lot of them about on the Wither Hills immediately to the south of Blenheim.

Waxeyes will give me ample opportunity over the next few weeks as the persimmons and kiwifruit ripen up in the back yard. In our household we refer to them as flying piranhas as they descend in flocks and demolish anything in sight.
05-17-2020, 06:26 PM - 2 Likes   #16809

Birds of a different sort.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
05-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #16810
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
Eight Dash 8s. Is that all that are parked up in Nelson? There are 23 total in the fleet and I don't see many flying around.
05-18-2020, 02:27 AM - 1 Like   #16811
Pentaxian

Eight Dash 8s. Is that all that are parked up in Nelson? There are 23 total in the fleet and I don't see many flying around.
They're starting to get about again. I saw one coming in to land in Blenheim today. I grabbed a rather poor quality photo of an ATR heading south on the 8th. I'm not sure it's good enough to post, but it is proof they were flying.
05-18-2020, 01:54 PM   #16812
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
Lovely shot.
05-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #16813
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just spotted this on TM: Pentax D-BG6 battery Grip for K1 | Trade Me

Mine lives on my K-1 almost permanently.
05-18-2020, 11:49 PM   #16814
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I just spotted this on TM: Pentax D-BG6 battery Grip for K1 | Trade Me

Mine lives on my K-1 almost permanently.
Sigh. I could do with one for my KP. It has a small battery compared to its predecessor K5 and it shows. I have four of them because I seem to run out of juice so often.
05-19-2020, 02:16 AM   #16815
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sigh. I could do with one for my KP. It has a small battery compared to its predecessor K5 and it shows. I have four of them because I seem to run out of juice so often.
It's a pity each model needs it's own battery grip. Would be nice if there was a universal solution.