Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2021, 03:44 PM   #18226
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
I have very few fantail shots, but I do have one taken in my back garden which is probably one of my favourite bird shots I've ever taken. Helped by the neighbour's yellow coloured house.
That is a really nice shot . Thanks for sharing

10-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #18227
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Ross got the sarcastic post of the year, I'm going to nominate you for the most helpful post of the year.
Seeing you have tried most things I wonder if Richard may be wrong! Try swapping out the SD Card. Bad ones are capable of quite random things.
10-10-2021, 07:38 PM - 3 Likes   #18228
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Richard may be wrong!
The other half of richandfleur would say that wouldn't be a surprise
10-11-2021, 12:16 AM   #18229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seeing you have tried most things I wonder if Richard may be wrong! Try swapping out the SD Card. Bad ones are capable of quite random things.
It's behaving for now. Next time it happens I have a few things to try like warming the battery a bit, removing the SD card etc.

10-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #18230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excited and a bit of a rant

Hi, All.
Very O/T, but excited to see the vax % going up quickly now, as it is impossible for me ($$$$$, time, MIQ access) to commit to visiting NZ right now. I like what I am hearing (and am personally very supportive of a vax % first approach before opening) and do hope things are going to light up once sufficient people are vaccinated.
It's been close to 4 years between seeing family and that is way too long. I've lost family members in the interim and want my kids to be able to hang out with their cousins and grandparents/ great grandparents. Looking forward to 2022!

In other news, ANZ are jerks. I managed to lock myself out of internet banking last year and couldn't prove that I was me. The only solution proposed was for me to walk into a branch for a verification reset. Please see above.

By contrast, TSB have been awesome throughout in terms of contact and accessibility.

Cheers.
10-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #18231
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I like what I am hearing (and am personally very supportive of a vax % first approach before opening) and do hope things are going to light up once sufficient people are vaccinated.
There seems to be a bit of inhouse fighting about whether we ever move away from the extermination approach. Probably just posturing to try and get people motivated to get vaccinated.
10-17-2021, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #18232
Pentaxian

I'm just gutted that last Saturday thousands got sausages with sauce...What did I get for my two shots? A bloody sticker

:-D

10-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #18233
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
What did I get for my two shots? A bloody sticker

You're doing better than me. I didn't even get a sticker.
10-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #18234
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I'm just gutted that last Saturday thousands got sausages with sauce...What did I get for my two shots? A bloody sticker

There were chocolate fish on the video I saw! Propaganda!

I also got a sticker in May......

---------- Post added 10-17-2021 at 06:06 PM ----------

There seems to be a bit of inhouse fighting about whether we ever move away from the extermination approach. Probably just posturing to try and get people motivated to get vaccinated.
I know it's hotly debated..
10-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #18235
Pentaxian

Next time I'm holding out until I get a bribe!
10-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #18236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
You're doing better than me. I didn't even get a sticker.
I never got my skin steralized or a sticking plaster. Did get a lolly though.
10-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #18237
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, All.
Very O/T, but excited to see the vax % going up quickly now, as it is impossible for me ($$$$$, time, MIQ access) to commit to visiting NZ right now. I like what I am hearing (and am personally very supportive of a vax % first approach before opening) and do hope things are going to light up once sufficient people are vaccinated.
It's been close to 4 years between seeing family and that is way too long. I've lost family members in the interim and want my kids to be able to hang out with their cousins and grandparents/ great grandparents. Looking forward to 2022!

In other news, ANZ are jerks. I managed to lock myself out of internet banking last year and couldn't prove that I was me. The only solution proposed was for me to walk into a branch for a verification reset. Please see above.

By contrast, TSB have been awesome throughout in terms of contact and accessibility.

Cheers.
It's a problem with all banks at the moment. New government rules regarding money laundering means that the banks flag all accounts who have not properly been identified. I recently had to go into both ANZ and WBS to prove that I am me and I had to take either a current valid passport (mine's expired because it's unlikely I'll travel until at least a year from now) and a utility bill to prove my physical address or I needed to turn up with my drivers licence, a utility bill in my name and a letter / bill / document from any government department. Having now done that, I have been verified and all is good.
10-17-2021, 04:43 PM - 2 Likes   #18238
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After all my whinging of not being able to get a half decent Tui shot I finally got lucky.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by MarkJerling; 10-17-2021 at 04:49 PM.
10-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #18239
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
It's a problem with all banks at the moment. New government rules regarding money laundering means that the banks flag all accounts who have not properly been identified. I recently had to go into both ANZ and WBS to prove that I am me and I had to take either a current valid passport (mine's expired because it's unlikely I'll travel until at least a year from now) and a utility bill to prove my physical address or I needed to turn up with my drivers licence, a utility bill in my name and a letter / bill / document from any government department. Having now done that, I have been verified and all is good.
Yep. Done that this year as well for ANZ and TSB, no issues. Ironically I posted in my ANZ evidence for tax/ residential address, etc. (got JP signed documents in the middle of a pandemic...) and had no issues. It's the online verification that's stuck. I'm grumpy as I have had no way to check my account balance (!) for several months.
10-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #18240
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep. Done that this year as well for ANZ and TSB, no issues. Ironically I posted in my ANZ evidence for tax/ residential address, etc. (got JP signed documents in the middle of a pandemic...) and had no issues. It's the online verification that's stuck. I'm grumpy as I have had no way to check my account balance (!) for several months.
That does sound a bit annoying. And no way to sort it from abroad?
« GR x GIN Social | - »