Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2022, 06:59 PM   #18511
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting. So I learn something new very day!

02-11-2022, 10:35 PM   #18512
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
they seem to have a wee problem with trucks and routes at the moment
Older workforce ?
02-11-2022, 10:43 PM   #18513
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Older workforce ?
Probably that too Bob
02-12-2022, 09:13 PM - 2 Likes   #18514
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Older workforce ?
Naaa just revolting peasants.

02-12-2022, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #18515
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Naaa just revolting peasants.

Hmmm where have we seen this recently..

Perhaps a helicopter drop of bus tickets might solve things..??
especially given the current weather...
might message the Duck (Bazzy fing Manilow!!! really !? should have rolled out Baby Gramps...
)

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2022 at 06:32 PM ----------

Probably that too Bob
;-) is this their theme tune ?

Last edited by bobD; 02-12-2022 at 11:42 PM.
02-13-2022, 12:12 AM - 2 Likes   #18516
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

might message the Duck (Bazzy fing Manilow!!! really !? should have rolled out Baby Gramps...
Nah mate, our 'Rubber Duck' should have rolled out 'Convoy' as it is way more relevant . When you are talking to him, suggest that he watch.

02-13-2022, 02:04 AM - 2 Likes   #18517
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got a chance in the last light of tonight to have a look at the projection of that M20 f4 (at f4)
Very impressive. Note the pots in the corners - their tops are circular - that is a classic example of defishing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-13-2022, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #18518
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(Bazzy fing Manilow!!! really !? should have rolled out Baby Gramps...
I had read that in outside news articles. To find out on one news tonight that it was serious - that it would do anything in the situation - what cringe material.!
And to hear in the news tonight about dumps in the bushes shock horror.
The overseas stuff lets us know the authorities had locked the local dunnies - such clever people!.
02-13-2022, 02:25 AM   #18519
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I got a chance in the last light of tonight to have a look at the projection of that M20 f4 (at f4)
Very impressive. Note the pots in the corners - their tops are circular - that is a classic example of defishing.
Very nice, you would have to be happy
02-13-2022, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #18520
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice, you would have to be happy
If I get a chance tomorrow I will compare it against the 17mm I got off you Ross. Just looking thru the viewfinder the projection is similar.
02-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #18521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Changing gears (hur hur), does anyone here use a drone for aerial photography?
I'm starting to plan a winter visit (situation willing) and am considering bringing my Mavic Mini II over. I'm not planning to fly anywhere near aerodromes or in cities, but am curious about the group's experiences with beaches and regional or national parks.
02-13-2022, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #18522
Pentaxian

That's one heck of a dog kennel!

---------- Post added 02-14-22 at 08:01 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I'm starting to plan a winter visit (situation willing) and am considering bringing my Mavic Mini II over. I'm not planning to fly anywhere near aerodromes or in cities, but am curious about the group's experiences with beaches and regional or national parks.
Apparently you're not supposed to use a drone on DOC land without a permit, which rules out a lot of potentially interesting locations. Beaches are one location that may be possible without complication.

DOC rules here:
Drone use on conservation land: Apply for permits

List of locations from DOC where they're likely to issue a permit:
Areas we recommend you apply to use a drone: Drone use on conservation land
02-13-2022, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #18523
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
A kitset garden house from M10. They come with no foundation and pathetic floor joists but otherwise a very impressive little structure. The wife's folly.
Apparently you're not supposed to use a drone on DOC land without a permit, which rules out a lot of potentially interesting locations. Beaches are one location that may be possible without complication.

DOC rules here:

And why I feel like being down there on the grounds too. Pathetic rules.
02-13-2022, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #18524
Pentaxian

Lovely picture.

---------- Post added 02-14-22 at 01:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote

I had a Xiaomi Drone a long time ago and loved it. Very solid, 3 axis gimbal with 4K video etc. Too big to travel easily with though!

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/52268c5bf2de76c76525c0a710f0addb.jpg

I sold it in the end though as I couldn't use it easily in NZ and it was a waste just sitting there really. Went to someone to use as a fishing drone to carry his lure off the beach out to sea.

All DOC land is off limits without a permit from them. That's not a contact the local airspace and book time, it's a proper you're not allowed to fly and need a formal permit.
A lot of airspace is controlled too, which is in itself not the end of the world, but does require you to complete a flight application and have this approved, and contact the tower before and after etc.
Bottom line was any place I actually wanted to fly it was banned. Beaches were ok though, but always have to check the no fly controlled air space restrictions that may be in place first.

I took it to Rarotonga as they were a lot more lenient at the time, but still kept away from airports and flightpaths, and below the standard ceiling limit.

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/72bb9ab33d39177977b85fcf50cbb5bf.jpg

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/8a9bb59c2cfbaf60c4a16c8eaff674fe.jpg

Last edited by richandfleur; 02-13-2022 at 05:56 PM.
02-13-2022, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #18525
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

---------- Post added 02-14-22 at 08:01 AM ----------

DOC rules here:

Cheers for those links. I'll look into permits as well. Hoping to go BOP and maybe East Cape, but maybe places in the South Island as well. There's pretty much a blanket ban for National Parks here, and very tight restrictions on Provincial Parks, also.

Beaches are good as there are less things to fly into! They also tend to be quiet in winter time....

---------- Post added 02-13-2022 at 10:08 PM ----------

A kitset garden house from M10. They come with no foundation and pathetic floor joists but otherwise a very impressive little structure. The wife's folly.

And why I feel like being down there on the grounds too. Pathetic rules.
Ah, well, at least we can go some places, besides, having a drone fall out of the sky over people does scare me a bit as an operator.

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Lovely picture.

---------- Post added 02-14-22 at 01:55 PM ----------

I had a Xiaomi Drone a long time ago and loved it. Very solid, 3 axis gimbal with 4K video etc. Too big to travel easily with though!

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/52268c5bf2de76c76525c0a710f0addb.jpg

I sold it in the end though as I couldn't use it easily in NZ and it was a waste just sitting there really. Went to someone to use as a fishing drone to carry his lure off the beach out to sea.

All DOC land is off limits without a permit from them. That's not a contact the local airspace and book time, it's a proper you're not allowed to fly and need a formal permit.
A lot of airspace is controlled too, which is in itself not the end of the world, but does require you to complete a flight application and have this approved, and contact the tower before and after etc.
Bottom line was any place I actually wanted to fly it was banned. Beaches were ok though, but always have to check the no fly controlled air space restrictions that may be in place first.

I took it to Rarotonga as they were a lot more lenient at the time, but still kept away from airports and flightpaths, and below the standard ceiling limit.

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/72bb9ab33d39177977b85fcf50cbb5bf.jpg

https://cdn.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/8a9bb59c2cfbaf60c4a16c8eaff674fe.jpg
This is good to know, unfortunate you couldn't get the use out of it. Sadly, I can't see your links, I get an access denied.

I see DOC has got an email address I can ping, so might do that.
I have a DJI Mini II, which I bought specifically for hiking and travelling with, it's nice and compact.

Yeah, there are always random rules. In Canada, you can only fly according the environmental range the drone is rated at, which means I can only fly above zero C. Not really practical for several months a year. I also live beside one of the larger airports on the planet, and have a 90 feet(!) limit.

I took it to the end of the St. Lawrence/ edge of North America last year. It does give you some great options (have not posted drone pics before), and I would be keen to do the same in NZ:

Dusk on the cliffs
by Aaron, on Flickr

Lines on the beach
by Aaron, on Flickr
« GR x GIN Social | - »