Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2022, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #18661
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
If so, did you go 12mm or 17mm for that?
12mm.
The stringers and joists were combined by boxing them in. 12 piles. I also topped up the 6? kit joists with 3 more.Floor is rigid as.

04-12-2022, 03:52 AM   #18662
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Depends very much on the area, I guess, but every time I see those nice homes in the Aussie bush I recall a TV program I saw about a guy who was rebuilding for the third time due to bush fires. He was building out of concrete and steel with a view to making it impervious to fire.

Of course if you clear too much you risk erosion and slips. Needs a Goldilocks solution, I guess.
Building for bush fires is a must. It's not hard, or expensive, but yes, claddings and detailing needs to be considered.
04-12-2022, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #18663
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
And then you get to that point in life when the trees that you planted are almost as broad as you are high. This was a Euc regnans - testing him for timber.
Jeeze Mate don't let the Sheilahs see shots like that...drive them wild

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2022 at 10:34 AM ----------

Discovered the 'murmur' on my K-1 shutter release was the sensor putting the jug on.
Turned it off in menu...doh
I can put up with 'no card in camera'

another one on TM, price seems about right

Last edited by Transit; 04-12-2022 at 04:06 PM.
04-12-2022, 04:03 PM   #18664
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's an interesting one: Trade Me

04-12-2022, 06:23 PM   #18665
Pentaxian

Probably a menu item
04-12-2022, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #18666
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Damn would have liked the 40mm lens separately.
04-12-2022, 08:11 PM   #18667
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is an interesting one because the sample image he has put up is obviously user error and anyway to do with the lens. But is he actually fudging because there is something terminal with the camera. This way he has his butt covered, I was interested in giving it a go but not for much more than where it has progressed to.
It is the fun of TM - trying to analyse the gamble. I just won this one.
Cup is half empty - giant bogey of fungus.
Cup is half full - obviously no one has tampered with this lens because there is still a fungus bogey in there!
Turns out as the seller said - it is not as bad as the image suggests - a small piece near the front. With a couple of other small ones around.
Quite usable as is. Image here wide open.
And apart from Pete's A one a few months ago this is the only one to come up on TM that I remember.
I spose you are going to say your one was better buying Pete?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo   
04-12-2022, 08:32 PM   #18668
Pentaxian

It is an interesting one because the sample image he has put up is obviously user error and anyway to do with the lens. But is he actually fudging because there is something terminal with the camera. This way he has his butt covered, I was interested in giving it a go but not for much more than where it has progressed to.
Cup is half empty - giant bogey of fungus.
Cup is half full - obviously no one has tampered with this lens because there is still a fungus bogey in there!
Turns out as the seller said - it is not as bad as the image suggests - a small piece near the front. With a couple of other small ones around.
Quite usable as is. Image here wide open.
And apart from Pete's A one a few months ago this is the only one to come up on TM that I remember.
I spose you are going to say your one was better buying Pete?
good score ! Will you clean it ?
Mine was a K

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2022 at 03:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Damn would have liked the 40mm lens separately.
I have the DA which my arm could be twisted over
04-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #18669
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
good score ! Will you clean it ?
Mine was a K
That makes this a good price then! (thinking yours was an A)
I don't need to clean it but I probably will if things loosen up easily - no point risking the lens.
But I suspect the etching won't be too bad once the fungus is cleared and otherwise it could get worse.
04-12-2022, 10:10 PM   #18670
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done, have fun with it
04-13-2022, 01:28 AM   #18671
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I hear ya! The oaks I planted 18 years ago are already pretty decent size trees now. Imagine them in another 18 years.
QuoteQuote:
The best time to take down a big tree is when it is a little tree.
Too many leave it until it is beyond their capabilities to fell and then find it is beyond their wallet.
Neighbours have gums dropping big branches on their driveway but quotes to remove exceeded $20,000. and they still had to deal with all the foliage themselves as the fellers only wanted the firewood.
04-13-2022, 02:20 AM   #18672
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
another one on TM, price seems about right
Saw that, and have been seriously tempted, but seeing as I enjoy ultra-wide quite a bit, then I'd probably need to get a 15-30 and combined weight would be getting up there. Talking over 2Kg, vs a bit under 1400g for K-70 with DA* 11-18 on it, plus I'd only need to buy the lens, as I already have a camera. Even at TM price, used, I'd be looking at over $3K for camera plus lens, which makes even the considerable price for a used DA* 11-18 look more affordable.
04-13-2022, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #18673
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Too many leave it until it is beyond their capabilities to fell and then find it is beyond their wallet.
Neighbours have gums dropping big branches on their driveway but quotes to remove exceeded $20,000. and they still had to deal with all the foliage themselves as the fellers only wanted the firewood.
Nah, I like my trees. Hopefully I'll be dead when they're too big to fell and they'll be someone else's problem.
04-13-2022, 02:48 AM   #18674
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's an interesting one: Trade Me
Seems like it was bought by a Brian S. in Whanganui. I hope he's a member and will tell us what was really wrong with the camera - if anything.
04-13-2022, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #18675
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems like it was bought by a Brian S. in Whanganui. I hope he's a member and will tell us what was really wrong with the camera - if anything.
Can't work out who that would be. I see in his feedbacks quite a lot of purchases from names I have bought off on TM (so probably photography related). Hey Pete that is another crazy pentax nutter in town!!
« GR x GIN Social | - »