Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #31
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I lied about not posting photos until I got home

these photographed from balcony of my motel room, animals are on a public golf course

" the challenge "

no physical contact between the bulls

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-11-2020 at 04:20 PM.
09-11-2020, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
No physical contact so no covid 19 test
Nice view
09-12-2020, 05:46 AM   #33
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
as far as the near by fire, everyone is keeping an eye out

reportedly 5 feet of snow up top the high road is closed, the " tundra " area is considered a natural fire break

so with the high road closed, no access to the western side of the park by road

but the fire could spread through the Roosevelt National Forest and approach that way
09-12-2020, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #34
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
bull elk resting in RMNP

K 1 II _ 150-450 zoom bull, cows calf pp

K 1 II + 150 - 450 zoom bull resting pp

K 1 II + 150 - 450 zoom bull resting crop and pp

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
09-16-2020, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #35
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
for anyone interested

I am starting to post photos from the trip to various threads here at the forums

I will be posting them to my flickr.com account as well

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pre69cubfan/albums/72157715996322311

lenses used: the rented FA 31mm limited so I can decide if I want one

the D FA 150-450 zoom

the DA16-85 zoom

and the DA * 300mm

if anyone is going to Rocky Mountain National Park and is interested in hiring a guide

I highly recommend:

QuoteQuote:
Estes Park Tours : Wildlife Tours & Photo Safari
GO ON A PRIVATE TOUR IN ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
http://ywguiding.com/

very knowledgeable and flexible

where to eat

Pizza

Bob & Tony's Pizza

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60945-d384244-Reviews-Bob_Ton..._Colorado.html

they have been around since 1957

Hunters Chop House

https://hunterschophouse.com/

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-17-2020 at 02:55 PM.
09-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #36
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
the rented FA 31mm limited so I can decide if I want one
I bought, because I wanted it, from us the photo equipment is a bit like the wife, in rare cases you can rent it. ''Anyway, thanks for the nice travel story''.

You remind me, ''Guido Prussia'' an Italian with a love of travel and the United States in particular, he traveled around all the states and made a series of documentaries,
then broadcast on a TV network.

Here is a small extract ''On The Road'',

Ciao Mario
10-24-2020, 04:05 AM   #37
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
sad news

Just read that RMNP has been closed because of fire and the Town of Estes Park Co is evacuated

QuoteQuote:
Officials closed the Rocky Mountain National Park, which spans the Continental Divide and is one of the state’s crown jewels.. . .

Among the communities evacuated in recent days was the resort town of Estes Park, a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Officials were still conducting assessments, but dozens of homes were believed lost. . . .
Colorado Wildfires Span the Rockies, Forcing Thousands From Their Homes - WSJ

QuoteQuote:
Colorado’s East Troublesome Fire, the second-largest fire in state history, is roaring amid high winds Saturday through timber stands and rugged terrain in Rocky Mountain National Park, threatening the community of Estes Park to the east. The fire has killed two, with the confirmation that an elderly couple was killed while trying to ride out the blaze at their home near Grand Lake.

The fate of Estes Park is now a race between fire and ice, as a snowstorm is due to hit Saturday night and last into Sunday, and is likely to halt the fire’s spread. In anticipation of continued fire growth before then, however, eastern areas of Estes Park have been added to mandatory evacuation orders — the western side of town had been evacuated Thursday — and firefighters were taking steps to defend the town.

Some reports show the fire may have moved significantly closer to Estes Park overnight — perhaps as close as one mile, with firefighters calling in more resources Saturday. In a morning video briefing Saturday, Paul Delmerico, operations section chief on the fire, said the fire is “just west” of the Bear Lake area in Estes Park. . . .
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/10/24/colorado-wildfire-east-troublesome-estes/

here is hoping that folks in Colorado stay safe

Last edited by aslyfox; 10-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.
10-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's been snowing out there, which will not put out the fires but will help the firefighters greatly. They are holding the fireline west of Bear Lake Road. If they can continue to do that without major flareups, downtown Estes Park should be OK although the part west and south of and around Gianttrack Mountain is still at risk
11-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was in Colorado Springs two weeks ago, it was clear there, but up in the Denver area I was amazed at how much the smoke obscured the Front Range