Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,779
Original Poster
And just like that - the trip is cancelled.

---------- Post added 07-16-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

Fires in the Montana and Wyoming area are making travel to the Yellowstone area risky. On top of this smoke from these is causing issues to people with respiratory issues. My wife has some issues with asthma and so we are done with any planning for a Western US trip.

I have refocused on visiting my Dad in Knoxville TN area.

A new thread will be created.

07-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gump's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 748
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
And just like that - the trip is cancelled.
and since so many have told you what you need, I hope it is fair to ask WHY?
07-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,779
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
and since so many have told you what you need, I hope it is fair to ask WHY?
Sure. The area near Yellowstone and in Montana near our friend is starting to have smoke and fire danger is cranked up. They are warning people with respiratory issues to stay indoors and my wife has asthma. Yellowstone may have to close portions of the park. My friend in Montana said it can get bad quick and he has had to cancel trips to Glacier and Yellowstone many times and it can last for months. So given the high cost of hotels in the area; pivoting to different areas of the region would be very costly and stressful and I知 not putting myself through it nor my wife. I値l go another time.
07-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gump's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 748
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Sure. The area near Yellowstone and in Montana near our friend is starting to have smoke and fire danger is cranked up. They are warning people with respiratory issues to stay indoors and my wife has asthma. Yellowstone may have to close portions of the park. My friend in Montana said it can get bad quick and he has had to cancel trips to Glacier and Yellowstone many times and it can last for months. So given the high cost of hotels in the area; pivoting to different areas of the region would be very costly and stressful and I知 not putting myself through it nor my wife. I値l go another time.
Seems prudent. Enjoy plan B.

07-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,779
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
Seems prudent. Enjoy plan B.
Thanks. I知 a little bummed about it. Silver lining: I get to spend time with my 81 year old dad.
07-30-2021, 03:55 PM   #36
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Patrick Co. Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,306
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Thanks. I知 a little bummed about it. Silver lining: I get to spend time with my 81 year old dad.

Aw dang. Just caught up with this. You know how I feel about my oly gear for hiking. ;> I wrote and removed two long rambles about it. Maybe you guys can take in some local sights next week weather permitting. Forecast claims to be cooler up my way.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aircraft, bridges, camera, canyon, cliff, fe, fisheye, kit, kp, lenses, m43, monument, nm, np, park, photo, photography, post, pueblo, restaurants, rim, santa, sony, steve, taos, time, travel, trip, utah, wife
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sports Formula E - Valencia E-Prix 2021 Round 5 and Round 6 2021 red5isalive Post Your Photos! 16 06-30-2021 12:18 PM
K-3 Mk III CP+ 2021 video, uploaded 08.03.2021 jersey Pentax News and Rumors 75 03-25-2021 09:48 PM
Picture of the Week POTW #625 - January 31, 2021 to February 13, 2021 nosliwmit Weekly Photo Challenges 3 02-15-2021 04:50 AM
Picture of the Week POTW #624 - January 24, 2021 to February 6, 2021 nosliwmit Weekly Photo Challenges 6 02-07-2021 09:54 PM
Picture of the Week POTW #623 - January 3, 2021 to January 23, 2021 nosliwmit Weekly Photo Challenges 5 01-31-2021 03:14 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top