Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
And just like that - the trip is cancelled.

---------- Post added 07-16-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

Fires in the Montana and Wyoming area are making travel to the Yellowstone area risky. On top of this smoke from these is causing issues to people with respiratory issues. My wife has some issues with asthma and so we are done with any planning for a Western US trip.

I have refocused on visiting my Dad in Knoxville TN area.

A new thread will be created.

07-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
And just like that - the trip is cancelled.
and since so many have told you what you need, I hope it is fair to ask WHY?
07-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
and since so many have told you what you need, I hope it is fair to ask WHY?
Sure. The area near Yellowstone and in Montana near our friend is starting to have smoke and fire danger is cranked up. They are warning people with respiratory issues to stay indoors and my wife has asthma. Yellowstone may have to close portions of the park. My friend in Montana said it can get bad quick and he has had to cancel trips to Glacier and Yellowstone many times and it can last for months. So given the high cost of hotels in the area; pivoting to different areas of the region would be very costly and stressful and I知 not putting myself through it nor my wife. I値l go another time.
07-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sure. The area near Yellowstone and in Montana near our friend is starting to have smoke and fire danger is cranked up. They are warning people with respiratory issues to stay indoors and my wife has asthma. Yellowstone may have to close portions of the park. My friend in Montana said it can get bad quick and he has had to cancel trips to Glacier and Yellowstone many times and it can last for months. So given the high cost of hotels in the area; pivoting to different areas of the region would be very costly and stressful and I知 not putting myself through it nor my wife. I値l go another time.
Seems prudent. Enjoy plan B.

07-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
Seems prudent. Enjoy plan B.
Thanks. I知 a little bummed about it. Silver lining: I get to spend time with my 81 year old dad.
07-30-2021, 03:55 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. I知 a little bummed about it. Silver lining: I get to spend time with my 81 year old dad.

Aw dang. Just caught up with this. You know how I feel about my oly gear for hiking. ;> I wrote and removed two long rambles about it. Maybe you guys can take in some local sights next week weather permitting. Forecast claims to be cooler up my way.