Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone interested.??

In a trip to Lake Eyre?
I have attached a link for anyone that does not know about Lake Eyre.

Welcome to the Lake Eyre Basin - the heart of Australia

Its just a thought, BUT with the big wet in Nth Qld some water is making its way down south. Although flows are not big at this stage if they get more rain in Nth Qld then the lake could get quite an amount of water.

This is a rare event as you can see from reading the info in the above link.

I have never seen it, empty or full, but I know people that have seen it full and say it is one of the most marvellous sights you could imagine.

I am based in SE Qld and was thinking of doing this trip one day....this could be a catalyst to actually make something happen.

My idea would be to hire a vehicle, to use your own vehicle unless you are specifically set up for this type of thing would be questionable.

I imagine we would need to allow 10-14 days return by road. Alternatively we could look at chartering a plane and flying in and using local tours on the ground.

As I say, I have never been ( I worked as a jackeroo near Lake Frome in the '70s) to Lake Eyre so I have no idea as to what is or is not available.

This post is to see if there is any interest?

Cheers.
Grant

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 02-03-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: missing word