Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Marketplace Reseller

I'm interested, Now I'm busy on the 7th and after the 20th but if it doesn't fall in those days i'm good... oh except that i have a multi-camera brand group i may have to plan an event for. consider this is a strictly pentax thing i'll try to keep the events separate.

02-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Or if there is anyone with experience, we can get a model and space and have some fun with lighting and we share the cost.
That's interesting. Renting a studio is a good idea. I shoot in a studio environment often lately but at George Brown and it can get crowded, so if there is more than 4-5 of us it won't work well. I am fine with powerpacks, strobes, monolights, and other usual studio lighting.

I also have 2 x AF360s I use off camera with light stands and umbrellas. In fact, is anyone interested in starting a Toronto Pentax Strobist group? :-)

EDIT: For ideas, take a look at YouTube. Search for "strobist meetup" and enjoy.
02-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I'm interested, schedule permitting. Dave
02-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
sft

Photos: Gallery
I'm interested schedule permitting as-well. Should be OK on most weekends however. Mike (mightymike that is in case there are others) you might want to let Alfisti know too as I wanted to meet you guys before but couldn't.

Cheers,

02-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Gooshin

I suggest you should edit your first post, from time to time, to show the most current location and timing of the proposed meetup.

The last time there were 4-5 pages and we got lost as to the venue and time of meetup.

Once I know the above I just have to make do with my schedule which is expected to be hectic in March so far

QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
I'm interested, Now I'm busy on the 7th and after the 20th but if it doesn't fall in those days i'm good... oh except that i have a multi-camera brand group i may have to plan an event for. consider this is a strictly pentax thing i'll try to keep the events separate.
Mike
I am with you as lately I have been using 200mm=300mm for portrait. At least I would be a bit further away from some attractive models

Daniel
02-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I'm good for any location after 1:30-2:00pm or so on Saturdays or Sundays (I work until 1pm weekends, might need travel time depending on where). Someone might like to contact the ROM (since that's what we're leaning towards by the sound of things) with our chosen date and ask their permission if we as a group can bring in our camera bags. I think with enough advance notice and clearly stating that we're hobbyists should be enough to get past security. Just showing up unannounced is bound to cause a hassle.
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
Inactive Account

I'll try too - as now my GF is also a Pentax User!

Devs

02-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #23

Just joined the Toronto Pentaxians group, greetings to all.

I would be interested in a March outing, will try to make it.
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #24

I'm in, schedule permitting.

Hello everyone.

A March gathering would be a fine way to kick spring into high gear.

I am not sure if the ROM would be happy about a bunch of photographers roaming about - they get a bit nervous when you photograph their treasures, especially with flash.

I wonder if some of the local artisan shops would be interested - I am thinking of the glassblowing boutiques down in the Mirvish Village area, sculpting or pottery classes, or the gem and mineral jewellers - it could be an intersting opportunity to capture the concentration of craftspeople at work, especially if we made photos of the artists available to the operators.

In any case, I am game for a wide variety of venues... please keep me posted, and if I can possibly participate, I would be delighted to join the group.

Norm.
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Well, I just bought my wife a pentax (DL) yesterday so she might actually join us too :-)
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Something may interest us if we are going for the museum. Who has Toronto Library Card!!

** btw, I am open to anything.

Toronto Public Library > Special Services > Sun Life Financial Museum and Arts Pass
QuoteQuote:
The Museum Arts Pass (MAP) will be available at all 99 Toronto Public Library Branches starting March 7, 2009. You can get the Museum Arts Pass for institutions such as the AGO, The Bata Shoe Museum, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Gardiner Museum, the Textile Museum of Canada and more. Each MAP is good for one museum in particular and each library will have a limited number of passes for each museum in any given week.

All Toronto library patrons with a valid adult library card will be entitled to borrow one pass per week and each pass will admit one family (generally one or two adults and up to four children). You can borrow passes to any of the participating venues, and you can borrow them more than once. The passes cannot be renewed or reserved and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
May I take photographs or videos?
Personal, non-commercial photography is permitted and we encourage you to collect memories of your visit. Camera stands or supports (such as, but not limited to tripods or monopods) and lighting attachments are prohibited. Photography may be prohibited in selected exhibitions.
Royal Ontario Museum | About Us | FAQs | Plan Your Visit
02-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
whats a flash?
02-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Folks,

I am equally interested in a meetup in March. Personally, I like "the ides of March" (15th) since it is a Sunday and right in the middle of the month. After that, both the Toronto Islands (weather permitting) and the ROM are great ideas.

BTW, I just talked to the ROM's group visit coordinator, and aside from getting a ticket discount if we have 10 or more people (and buy 2 weeks in advance, ugh!) photo-groups like ours and (like the above quote says) photography is allowed (even with flash) outside of the temporary/ special exhibits.

Given the variability of the weather, I propose:

Invade the ROM (with primes!)
Sunday, March 15th
1:00 PM
Maybe meet for lunch beforehand?

Like most of us, my weekends fill up fast, so the sooner we nail down a date and time (place could change), the better it is for me.

Just my .02 CDN.

-Mark
02-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Mark's on the ball, his plan sounds good to me