Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A quick trip to Phoenix

The wife and I will be taking a quick trip to Phoenix next week to visit family there, we have been to the area several times.

I could use your help to decide where I want to go on a day trip

Things we have seen on previous trips, Sedona, Cave Creek, Grand Canyon, Lake Havaseau, Desert Botanical Garden and South Mountain Park.

I'm sorry that I missed Chihuly at the botanical gardens last month, I hope some of you locals were able to make it. The last time we were at South Mountain we missed the sunset and it was really windy it was beautiful but there was a lot of dust in the air.

I know that I will make another trip back up South Mountain before the sunsets.

Below is a small list of other places that I would like to go, I was hoping that I could get your input on things, places that you would go visit and why. What are your thoughts about the short list, or do you have other ideas?

Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot

Apache trail

Out of Africa Wildlife Park

Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

07-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well as always the weekend went quicker then one would have liked and I didn't make it out to shoot near as much as I would have liked. I had never been south east of Phoenix (we actually stayed in Casa Grande) so we ventured out Picacho peak one evening for a beautiful sunset this was about 35 minutes East of Casa Grande on I-10

Then we made a day trip East of Tucson and ended up in Tombstone. Here a couple of shots from along the way.

I also got some pretty interesting scorpian shots that I haven't uploaded yet, I will post those in another thread soon.