Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks to all of the sponsors for the 2009 East Coast Pentaxian Gathering

I'd just like to send a great big THANKS shout out to all of the sponsors of our gathering at Blackwater NWR.

Pentax Forums! (for hosting all our chatter, and providing such a great community for Pentax users!)
Kingston (a 4gb SDHC class 6 Card for everyone)
ACDsee (5 copies of ACDsee Pro 2.5 Software Giveaways to raffle off)
Expo Imaging (ExpoAperture2 Depth-of-Field Guides for everyone, Expo Disc to raffle off, and other trinkets to play with.)
Sigma (Loaner Lenses including a 150-500mm! Also providing the sponsor info packet bags and clip-on lens cloths for everyone)
Lexjet (Paper for 16x20's)
Joby (Gorillapods to raffle off)
LowePro (TopLoader AW to raffle off, and for everyone... luggage tags & lens cloths)
P3 Imaging Inc. (Brendan's Company for Ink, snacks, projector, lenses, bodies and other expenses)
Matter Communications (PR reps for Expo Imaging and LowePro who helped get the great stuff from them!)

Mike

06-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
mel
Veteran Member

I'd like to double that thanks. We appreciate the generosity and opportuntity to try out new stuff, and become customers. A great time was had by all. Thanks again sponsors!!
06-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice job Mike

It looks like you put a lot of effort in to the gathering calendar information and arranging for the sponsors. I wish I had the opportunity to participate.

Keep us informed on how the turnouts are.

Keep up the good work.

John
07-01-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
It looks like you put a lot of effort in to the gathering calendar information and arranging for the sponsors. I wish I had the opportunity to participate.

Keep us informed on how the turnouts are.

Keep up the good work.

John
BrendanPK gets all the thanks for the gathering John. He arranges the whole thing and spent lots of time and energy talking with the sponsors to get goodies.

Mike

07-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
BrendanPK gets all the thanks for the gathering John. He arranges the whole thing and spent lots of time and energy talking with the sponsors to get goodies.

Mike
Thanks Mike for the props... Too bad I still couldn't get the one (sponsor) we all wanted though

I will start planning 2 different ones soon. I am looking at running a photo trip in the AZ. desert in the spring, and another east coast gathering in the fall.
I am willing to assist anyone with other Gatherings/workshops and I can always ship out my "pentax forums" banner for it too.
Just PM me
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Keep us informed about about your plans

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Thanks Mike for the props... Too bad I still couldn't get the one (sponsor) we all wanted though

I will start planning 2 different ones soon. I am looking at running a photo trip in the AZ. desert in the spring, and another east coast gathering in the fall.
I am willing to assist anyone with other Gatherings/workshops and I can always ship out my "pentax forums" banner for it too.
Just PM me
My hats off to you Brendan, keep up the good work. I hope your inspiration is contagious.

Let me know when your AZ trip will be, if I can make it work I would like to attend.

I was looking at some of your group photos and it would be cool to know who's who and where they our from.

John
09-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another special thanks to Sigma for stepping up to the plate. I have talked with them since and they will hopefully be a proud partner in the 2010 east coast gathering and workshop.
For those who did not know, Sigma sent a 50mm F1.4, 18-125 and a 150-500mm lens along with lens cloths, the bags for all the goodies and info. They were very instrumental with gear and supplies and have been happy to here about the positive response the workshop gave on their equipment.

09-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

And if I stop getting robbed long enough to save up some money I'm planning to buy myself one of those 150-500s they sent for us to play with. It's a nice nice lens. I was loathe to share it with the other attendees.