Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Denver area Pentaxians...

Over on dpreview, several folks have been getting together for shoots on a semi-regular basis (several per year for the last couple of years). Usually organized by "Lucky Sky". For some reason, it only just occurred to me that there are some people here who might like to be involved too. Drop me a line if you'd like me to put you in touch with Lucky Sky.

07-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Forum Member

Sure, I'd be interested.

I've been going out for fairly regular night shoots organized by Efrain over at Illuminate Workshops. Next one is on the 4th, at least according to the calendar.
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like to join any Denver wide Pentax group or activities. I live in Castle Rock.
03-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
Forum Member

Well hello there, from Littleton!

New K-x user here, PM me if there's any group shoots happening!

03-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I live in Colorado Springs. I would be interested in a outing.

Jim Browning
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Here's a definate "in" from Thornton! That would be a blast.
05-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Hey guys, not the right place for this question but I figured you guys have this subscribed like I do and could respond appropriately.

Do you guys know of any Pentax shops (or other "good" camera shops) in the Denver metro area? I've been to Wolf and The Camera Trader off Hampden, but neither have any "new" Pentax gear or a decent selection of accessories.

I don't mind buying from the net, but sometimes its nice to touch things before you buy.

Thanks in advance!

05-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hey, I'm a Pentax shooter from up in Boulder. Keep me posted on any gatherings!
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
Forum Member

The Mike's Camera down in Park Meadows had some Pentax gear, though they stopped carrying it at the Colorado store so they may stopped in Park Meadows as well. They have a tent sale in Boulder this weekend.

Other than that, your best bet may be to find out where Ned Bunnell's house is. I'm guessing he's got a nice selection of Pentax gear.
05-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
Hey guys, not the right place for this question but I figured you guys have this subscribed like I do and could respond appropriately.

Do you guys know of any Pentax shops (or other "good" camera shops) in the Denver metro area? I've been to Wolf and The Camera Trader off Hampden, but neither have any "new" Pentax gear or a decent selection of accessories.

I don't mind buying from the net, but sometimes its nice to touch things before you buy.

Thanks in advance!
The Ultimate Electronics at 84th and I-25 has a VERY small selection of Pentax stuff. Last time I was there, the had a K20d open box and a couple of KXs.
05-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by breischl Quote
The Mike's Camera down in Park Meadows had some Pentax gear, though they stopped carrying it at the Colorado store so they may stopped in Park Meadows as well. They have a tent sale in Boulder this weekend.

Other than that, your best bet may be to find out where Ned Bunnell's house is. I'm guessing he's got a nice selection of Pentax gear.
lol Short of finding his house, I'll have to check out Mike's Camera. Thanks for the tip!

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
The Ultimate Electronics at 84th and I-25 has a VERY small selection of Pentax stuff. Last time I was there, the had a K20d open box and a couple of KXs.
Ya, there's an Ultimate Electronics here in Littleton...they have a K-x & K-7, a kit lens and a 50-200 DA. That's it. But hey, it's more than Wolf Camera & Best Buy! lol
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FattyMcJ Quote
lol Short of finding his house, I'll have to check out Mike's Camera. Thanks for the tip!

Ya, there's an Ultimate Electronics here in Littleton...they have a K-x & K-7, a kit lens and a 50-200 DA. That's it. But hey, it's more than Wolf Camera & Best Buy! lol
This fact always blew my mind. We live close to Pentax's US headquarters and we have no Pentax gear in the retail market. I find that truly unbelievable. Still.

Mike
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikebob Quote
This fact always blew my mind. We live close to Pentax's US headquarters and we have no Pentax gear in the retail market. I find that truly unbelievable. Still.

Mike
Indeed, when I first bought into Pentax, I thought being so close to Golden, CO would be a huge benefit...boy was I wrong lol
08-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
Veteran Member

New to Denver

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Over on dpreview, several folks have been getting together for shoots on a semi-regular basis (several per year for the last couple of years). Usually organized by "Lucky Sky". For some reason, it only just occurred to me that there are some people here who might like to be involved too. Drop me a line if you'd like me to put you in touch with Lucky Sky.
Marc I would appreciate the opportunity to meet lucky and the rest of the group.

We just moved down from Wa state, I've been a little out of touch over the last couple of months and it's time to get back in any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

John
08-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
Take a look at my sig, if I have what your looking for you can take a look. I will tell you the good the bad and the ugly about what I own.

John