Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #31
Inactive Account

I'll be able to attend this one...

Check out the signature below, and make any requests for lenses you might wanna try out... I'll try to accommodate as many as possible before my back gives out under the weight!

Already committed to bringing the Zeiss 25, Zeiss 85, Nikkor 28 and Olympus 35.

I'll most likely also bring the Voigtlander 90 as well.

07-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for bringing these out, Brian. You are an LBA "enabler" of the worst sort. BTW, if you want to use a katzeye split-prism focusing screen again, you can borrow my K20D and I'll "suffer" with your K-7.

-Mark
07-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Directions to the Island

Hi Everyone,

Please tell every Pentaxian you know near Toronto that we will be meeting on Sunday, July 26th (weathersealed or not) to go over to the Toronto Islands for photography and conversation. The islands are pretty big and tend to be humid, so wear your walking shoes and bring a polarizer.

Due to the current city-worker's strike, we must have two arrangements to meet and go across to Ward's Island (on the eastern end):

If the strike is still ON: meet a little before Noon (12:00) outside the Second Cup at Queen's Quay and York (at the foot of York). The "replacement ferry" run by Toronto Harbour Tours leaves promptly at 12:15, so if you are a bit later than that you'll need to wait until 1:15. The cost is $6.50 (cash) for a round-trip just like the normal ferries, but they collect money on the boat ride across. Also, they won't allow bikes on this small ferry.
**Please note: the replacement ferry is contracted by the city to serve island residents and their guests, but the tour company doesn't seem to care unless it is crowded. If they ask, tell them you are "going across for a meeting at 18 Wyandot Avenue - the Algonquin Island Association." (I'm an association member, and if it wasn't off the beaten path we could meet there!)

If the strike is OFF (don't hold your breath): meet at Noon at the main Toronto Ferry Terminals at Queen's Quay and Bay St. You must buy a ticket at one of the booths before entering ($6.50) so buy your ticket and walk into the courtyard and look for the geeks with cameras or a sign saying "Ward's" or "Centre-Ward's" by the gate. Should leave at 12:30. Bikes are allowed on these big boats, and the crowds will be enormous!

If anyone wants to go over earlier, post here and we can try to meet up for lunch at the Gravity Cafe (across from the Ward's Island Docks) or something.

Here are some helpful links:

City of Toronto: Toronto Island Park

Toronto Island Community > Home

Toronto Islands Bird Species - Toronto Harbour Bird Species - Island Cruises

See you all there!

-Mark
07-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #34
Veteran Member

i dont have a polorizer, but i do have a gun

should i bring that?

hopefully i can make it this time.

07-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Mark,

Thanks for finalizing details for the meet. I'm going to start a new thread in this section with the final meet information in it so that Simon or somebody else with admin privileges for the Toronto group can send out another mass PM with a link to the plan for the day. That way anyone interested in coming won't have to wade all the way through this thread for information.
07-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Brian, if you have space in your bag and it has been converted I'd like to give your 24mm Nikkor a try.

I'm thinking I'll bring mainly M42 lenses; I've got a couple I haven't used much recently.
07-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
head count
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events-photo-trips/67020-toron...july-26th.html

07-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #38

Photos: Gallery
I'll try to make it...

Hello everyone:

Sorry, I have been incredibly busy lately - I will try to make it on Sunday, July 26 - hope to see you then!

Norm.

Last edited by Norm123; 07-22-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: corrected information.
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Norm123 Quote
Hello everyone:

Sorry, I have been incredibly busy lately - I will try to make it on Sunday, July 26 - did I miss the details on time and location?

Norm.
one

above you...
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Brian, if you have space in your bag and it has been converted I'd like to give your 24mm Nikkor a try.

I'm thinking I'll bring mainly M42 lenses; I've got a couple I haven't used much recently.
Farfisa has the Nikkor 24 right now, so not sure if that lens will be there but I will have the Nikkor 28 and the Oly 24 as well as a couple other of the Nikkors as well. I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on some of these "alternative" lenses, I think some of them are excellent lenses as well as being plentiful to find and inexpensive! I don't bother with the work to convert everything and anything I can find, just the select models that have a good rep. Plus they can be used in AV mode and the K-7 does a really good job at the metering for them now.
07-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
where's dan anyways?