I am not interested due to cost 311.11%
I am not interested due to time 13.70%
I would like more information 725.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Let's let Marc deal with all the logistics of the shoot and other perks sounds great Marc excellent ideas !

I can (unless Marc you also want to) can coordinate the car rental / room sharing - a "non snorer " I can honestly say I have never heard myself snore

Anyway you can PM me or reply to this thread I will share a room with someone and go in on the car rental. Those flying into Salt Lake we will try and co-coordinate as close an arrival time as possible - preferably morning as it will be a 200 mile drive not sure on what kind of speed we can average but let's say best case is almost 4 hours on the road.

Sounds cool looking forward to it.

Marc how do you want to handle payment for your services ? Deposit now , all now , all once we arrive ? Cash ? Check ? small unmarked bills - it's gonna cost you some cash up front so I have not problem with any of the options ...

Last edited by Marc Langille; 07-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something else to think about, there is only about an hours drive time diffrence from Vegas to Torrey, You may be able to find cheaper flights in to vegas.
07-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Let's let Marc deal with all the logistics of the shoot and other perks sounds great Marc excellent ideas !

I can (unless Marc you also want to) can coordinate the car rental / room sharing - a "non snorer " I can honestly say I have never heard myself snore

Anyway you can PM me or reply to this thread I will share a room with someone and go in on the car rental. Those flying into Salt Lake we will try and co-coordinate as close an arrival time as possible - preferably morning as it will be a 200 mile drive not sure on what kind of speed we can average but let's say best case is almost 4 hours on the road.

Sounds cool looking forward to it.

Marc how do you want to handle payment for your services ? Deposit now , all now , all once we arrive ? Cash ? Check ? small unmarked bills - it's gonna cost you some cash up front so I have not problem with any of the options ...
Hi Dave,

Now that it looks like a green light, I am working on a Terms and Conditions page, Cancellation Policy, plus the general description of the Workshop. This is not anything more than good business practice and I must setup the foundation for future workshops. You guys are giving me a kick in the butt (a good one) to get moving! To be really honest, seeing 5 people signing up within 24 hours with no real advertising was somewhat of a surprise - you honor me!!

Those will be put online and I'll setup a Google Checkout option. This way it avoids PayPal, it's secure and you can use a credit card securely if you wish.

Normally it's half down to reserve, then no later than 45-60 days before the balance is due. Since we are getting close to the norm of paying 60 days out, you can choose which you prefer. I have this time frame in case plans change and someone cannot attend - this gives better opportunity to fill a vacancy.

BTW, I am really excited about this venue - it looks like we will be in photography paradise!

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 07-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #34
Veteran Member

No problem Marc - I think we are all looking forward to it. All you have to guarentee is every picture is perfect and 3 days of cluodless sunshine

Yeah I will check flights to Vegas and Salt Lake see what the difference in. Up here in the great white north not much is direct (Vegas much more so than Salt Lake though) - West Jet (Local Carrier may have a sale on they do Vegas ).

Will start looking and post flight results ASAP (may be tomorrow though) - so you guys that are flying do that as well - I have no problem with flying into either spot as I had already figured Salt Lake.

07-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Google Checkout issues

EDIT: I've uncovered some issues with Google Checkout that will take some time to fix! What I can do is try to get that resolved, but the HTML for Google Checkout is a bit wonky.

If it's OK, please consider the alternatives: I am going to accept PayPal as payment for now. If you live in the US, I will also accept Certified Check so I don't get hit with the PayPal fees. If paying with PayPal, please send me an e-mail via the messaging system or from my website and I'll send you an invoice for the workshop fees so you have a receipt. if possible I will request the full payment up front. If you cannot do this, paying half now to reserve is required. The balance would be due by July 17th.

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 07-08-2009 at 07:45 PM.
07-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Workshop details is now on my website - under the Workshops and Calendars section in the Navigation menu: http://www.marclangille.com/workshops

It's the same description in Post #4 of this thread. There is a link to the Terms and Conditions near the bottom of the description - it's simply good business practice to have this.

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 07-23-2009 at 03:48 PM.
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
No problem Marc - I think we are all looking forward to it. All you have to guarentee is every picture is perfect and 3 days of cluodless sunshine

Yeah I will check flights to Vegas and Salt Lake see what the difference in. Up here in the great white north not much is direct (Vegas much more so than Salt Lake though) - West Jet (Local Carrier may have a sale on they do Vegas ).

Will start looking and post flight results ASAP (may be tomorrow though) - so you guys that are flying do that as well - I have no problem with flying into either spot as I had already figured Salt Lake.
Utah is usually pretty good for sunshine... ... I think...

07-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marc thanks for all the work, I know this was kind of spur of the moment.

Ok so we've settled in on the price and how we are going to pay for your service. So onto the next question, how are we going to handle the outfitter? How will we be using them all day one day, one or two half days. I'm in for what ever you decide is best.

My wife is still up in the air, the only thing that would effect me would be if my trip to Tennessee would slip another two weeks, I hope to be able to pin that down by next Monday.
07-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
Marc thanks for all the work, I know this was kind of spur of the moment.

Ok so we've settled in on the price and how we are going to pay for your service. So onto the next question, how are we going to handle the outfitter? How will we be using them all day one day, one or two half days. I'm in for what ever you decide is best.

My wife is still up in the air, the only thing that would effect me would be if my trip to Tennessee would slip another two weeks, I hope to be able to pin that down by next Monday.
Regarding your question on the outfitters: probably 2 half days is the best option. I can consider using them for 2 full days on my own and spreading the cost amongst the participants equally to maximize our efforts, but I don't want to take away any business either.

However, I need the commitments from enough people to move forward and reserve that outfitters time. There are costs that I must manage and I can also try to negotiate a group rate at Days Inn if warranted. Obviously I'll communicate this and obtain funds for this if only one credit card is allowed to make the payment - not sure yet! My fingers are crossed that it doesn't slip - I think this will be a real treat for everyone!

Regards,
Marc
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Payment sent Marc - I agree on the two half days with outfitters one morning and one evening.
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Updated payment options in previous post - I will accept certified check if you are in the US/Canada, but no regular mail if sending from outside the US!! I will provide an invoice in PDF format for you and e-mail it if you choose that method.

Yes, good ol' PayPal fees...
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Dave! Payment received.
07-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everyone: most likely I will answer any/all questions, etc. tomorrow. I must head to bed since I am up at 5:30AM CST.

Regards,
Marc
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Salt Lake is a lot closer to Torrey if that's our base. 213 miles vs 350 give or take.
For those flying in and renting suv .. we also need to coordinate the return trip on Sunday. I suggest once we have people signed up we should exchange phone numbers to finalize stuff.. Marc can pass those on probably to the people on the list.
I'm happy to catch the last flight out of Salt Lake to Phoenix on Sunday night, and that is probably going to be around 8:30.. which means at the airport by 7:30.

Haig

Oh, and in case you end up with a snoring partner.. you can always use toothpaste.. (a shot up each nostril, and exit the premises for a little while)
07-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
Damn Brit

I notice a lot of people are choosing the weekend option. My main concern with that is there will possibly be more people around unless we can get off the beaten track more.