08-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A call to all North & South Carolinians

Wanna meet up and go shoot something?

09-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Buddha, Not sure about committing to any kind of meet up because of insane schedule but you might want to note that the NC seafood festival happens weekend of 10/2 in Morehead City , NC.
Carnival atmosphere , bands , seafood ,rides lots of street photo ops. Also there are water taxis in the area that go to Cape Look Out Light House and Shackleford Banks for pics of the wild horses. There are a couple tour boats in the area to get a look around by water and go dolphin watching. Fort Macon civil war fort is nearby as is historic Beaufort. Might be a good time to try and put something together. wouldn't hurt to pass this on to Mike Riley's crew too.
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #3

I've been wanting to meet up with some Pentaxians (or photographers in general! I live in farm country, there is pretty much NO interest in photography in my area, evidenced by the lack of camera shops, gotta travel 60 miles or so to the nearest decent one. Never happened upon another DSLR user in my area in the last two years that I had a chance to talk to. )

I would love to shoot the Blue Ridge Parkway or some Upstate SC or Lower NC waterfalls!

My only problem is that I am a lot closer to Georgia than NC.

RD
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had a crazy busy several months, but hopefully the worst is over.

Yes, would love to get some folks together for a shoot.

Did you have in mind something in the Charlotte region?

Cheers,
Seth

12-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Depending on the month and the area, there's quite a bit going on:

The waterfowl flocks in eastern NC, the balloon festival in Statesville, the fall foliage in the mountains, the Renaissance festival, Old Salem, etc.
12-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would love to meet up if you plan something (always assuming an old grandmotherly type is welcome). We spend most of our springs in the Smoky Mtns. The waterfalls are usually runniing full and the wildflowers are amazing. It would make a great trip as would hundreds of other places I could thing of off the top of my head. We have an RV so we are always on the go.

Hey SC guy, is Millers Restaurant still there in Blackville? They used to put out some great food. We live in Columbia - not too far from anywhere but I have yet to meet another Pentaxian.
Susan
01-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I am all for it! And sholtzma, I see you are from Salisbury too. I can't believe it.
01-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep. Just saw that you are too. I teach at Catawba.

03-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Hi all, just joined the forums and I live in Huntersville. Just north of Charlotte. I would love to meet up too if anything comes to fruition. I'm a newb but would love to learn from y'all.
03-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hey man I am coming down next week (thursday) to see the Capitals beet the Hurricanes (NHL) Any places I should check out, photo worthy, I will have minimal gear, but still fun
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'll be at the RBC Center in Raleigh (my hometown). Not sure what to suggest until I know more....

How much time will you have?

Do you want to hang around Raleigh, or at least the Triangle area? Or are you open to traveling?

What kind of photography do you like? Landscape? Macro? Candid street shots? Architectural? Events?
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I have cross posted this in other threads but figured it should go here as well.
MCAS Cherry Point Airshow May 21-23 Havelock NC
Here's the link: www.cherrypointairshow.com
04-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #13

Would love to have a meet-up at that airshow on the Saturday... Only one problem... Currently I dont have any AF lenses longer than the kit lens.

RD
04-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #14

Clemson student checking in. Anyone from the area?
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SCguy Quote
Would love to have a meet-up at that airshow on the Saturday... Only one problem... Currently I dont have any AF lenses longer than the kit lens.

RD
Don't let the lens stop you. You're actually better off using manual focus since most planes will be at infinity focus. There are also lots of on the ground displays.