Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Stockholm Pentaxians Gathering?

Hej alla!

Fairly new here, I noticed in another thread that there's a few of us living in Stockholm, and apparently others in Uppsala.

Would be fun to pull together a forum meet for Pentaxians in and around the Stockholm area.

My thoughts, feel free to add to and expand on these:
- Timing wise probably early or mid September?
- Instead of meeting up in the center of the city, how about something a little out of the ordinary - eg Sigtuna, Dalarö, or similar - that offers a nice setting both for meeting up and having a chat and for doing a bit of photography?
- Weekends are probably better than weekdays for most
- Afternoon to early evening means better light...

Any thoughts, suggestions etc?

Thomas

08-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Excellent initiative, I will try my best to join.

Middle of September will be best for me, and I agree that a day on the weekend is better.

Sigtuna sounds nice. Another suggestion for meeting could be Vaxholm. It is by the water and you have the old steamboats still in traffic going to the skerries. There is also the fortress guarding the inlet to Stockholm. Nearby you have Rydboholm Castle from 1400 (Gustav Vasa grew up there) with an English garden open to the public.

Decently close by is Össeby-Garns church from 1200, with paintings and sculptures from 1300.

Also within 45 minutes drive you have Wira Bruk, a small village that was given the task to make the swords for the Swedish Army from 1635. There are still active black smiths around (not making swords any longer though, but rather art).

Best regards
Haakan
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Waxholm is good. Easy to get there from central Stockholm by car/buss/ferry or from the north by car/buss or south by car or buss over car-ferries. Also, besides historical buildings, there are an active street life and sea life, if you like me prefere to shoot people rather than old buildings. In anyway, it offers most things except wildlife.

Wira is beautifull, and easy for me to go to, but there are many days with rather little activity there so one should check their schedule. Nice surroundings for landscape.

How do we reach people? Should we register a social group at the forum?
08-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Waxholm in mid September sounds really good.

Don't know how to reach people TBH, still new here. I figured this sub forum would be a good place to start, maybe a social group would work?

Thomas

08-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #5

Waxholm mid september sounds good to me too. I haven't found a way to search forum membesr for their location. We could always keep our eyes open and send a personal message to those we see live close.

/Tommy
08-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ktwse Quote
Waxholm in mid September sounds really good.

Don't know how to reach people TBH, still new here. I figured this sub forum would be a good place to start, maybe a social group would work?

Thomas
A social group will certainly help you for future get togethers.
There is supposed to be a way to search for members by country but I don't know it. If you ask in Site Suggestions' someone should explain how.
09-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #7

In order to try to find Pentax shooters in Stockholm and closeby, I searched the forum (could not find an easy way to search on the profile though so I might have missed some people).

This is the result I got (posted at the end). If someone knows how to create a social group and send out invitations, then perhaps we can get started and plan some joint activities.

Best regards,
Haakan

PentaxForums.com - View Profile: quarc
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: ktwse
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Douglas_of_Sweden
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: losecontrol
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Haakan
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Illuwatar
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: EvertJ
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: bildmal
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Lars A
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: stoneroses
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: matsoberg
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: larugl
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: moreempty
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Tommy
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Jimmy DL
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Jimfear
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Bophoto
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Eliasson
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: Affe
PentaxForums.com - View Profile: MrAros

09-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #8
emr

Quicklinks -> Forum Members -> Search Members -> Advanced Search
09-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are some I miss on that list, but also some I was not aware of (or not aware they were from around here). Beginning to sound as fun to have that meeting. Now, Waxholm was suggested, and I think it offers a good mix of motives. And you people comming from the central town can go their with ferry to get even more shooting opertunities. Mid-september is beginning to look crowded for me (and there is a marriage anniversary that has priority). But someone have to pick a date, and if I can't come on the first meeting I will come on the 2nd.

BTW, down in the harbour, there is a place in Waxholm where you get the best Italian ice cream on these latitudes.

Could we ask like Adam to list us everyone who put up Stockholm as their location?

Also, since communications are so good to Stockholm, we should make this open to anyone who wants to join from say Uppsala, mälardalen, Nyköpign etc etc.
09-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
A social group will certainly help you for future get togethers.
There is supposed to be a way to search for members by country but I don't know it. If you ask in Site Suggestions' someone should explain how.
Thanks for the advice Gary. I've noticed you have some very active groups over their with a history of good meetings. That is something to envy, and I think the way to go in these days when traditional camera clubs are often suffering from declining amount of active members.
09-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #11
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Could we ask like Adam to list us everyone who put up Stockholm as their location?
Douglas, you can do exactly that (in addition to searching by country) using the method I posted.
09-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Douglas, you can do exactly that (in addition to searching by country) using the method I posted.
Well, strangely enough I get only two hits on Sweden and zero on Stockholm!
09-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #13
emr

Well, strangely enough I get only two hits on Sweden and zero on Stockholm!
Are you searching with both (Stockholm AND Sweden)? Perhaps people have sometimes left out one or another

Sweden:

QuoteQuote:
Affe
aurora borealis
bergmania
bildmal
bilybianca
Bodja
calle73
debbie
Didgeridoohan
Douglas_of_Sweden
dragnb
Drey
Eliasson
engl
Erik
F-pix
Fotohasse
Gimbal
hagla
Jimfear
Jimmy DL
joakim
joakimfors
jz5945
KMB
ktwse
Lage
Lars
Magnus W
Mats
matsoberg
MB300E
mdlarsson
melander
mindglow
Niklars
NKK
OldSwede
ollpal
ottoangel
pdmlmember
pederd
PFH
pontusadefjord
quarc
retroflex
Sebbe_J
SM4RPQ
Smirf
sodnik
sorksoft
StarDust
Supernaut
The Photo-Vet
the swede
Tommy
uffe
uffepuffe
Viliam
wavecurrent
wowtip
Zakovva
Stockholm:

QuoteQuote:
4pisr
Affe
aurora borealis
debbie
Douglas_of_Sweden
Eliasson
EvertJ
Haakan
hhallman
Illuwatar
Jakerlund
janerik
jimsan
KMB
ktwse
larugl
matsoberg
Mjölner
moreempty
Nollberga
norrwik
Oskar
Pukeuv
rasmus
stoneroses
svalasnubben
Termik
the swede
Tommy
EDIT: edited the Stockholm search...

Last edited by emr; 09-05-2009 at 07:33 AM.
09-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #14

I noticed that if you search for "Sweden" in the Location-field it gives you a lot more hits than if you search for Sweden in the pull-down menu. OK, many of them aren't true Swedish users, but I noticed for instance RMabo missing from the pull-down menu search, so though it is good, it is not perfect.
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
Mid-september is beginning to look crowded for me (and there is a marriage anniversary that has priority). But someone have to pick a date, and if I can't come on the first meeting I will come on the 2nd.
I know I suggested sometime in September but it's starting to look seriously busy for me as well. I'm also aware of the fact that I suggested the bloody thing, but I haven't got a clue when it comes to social groups and stuff like that... Could anyone please sort out a social group for Sweden and we'll take it from there...

If the herring stranglers want to have their own meetup, they're free to do so, otherwise we'd be happy to welcome them to the capital...

Thomas