Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #31

Depending on the when and where I'll be there.
Merritt Island in the winter can be excellent but it depends on water levels leading up tp the dry season.

09-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #32

I'm up for it in Gainsville I have a brother going to school up there. Just as long as I'm not have surgery on my shoulder around the same time.....
09-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #33
graphicgr8s

Maybe we need to start a poll with different areas of interest and come up with a meetup then.
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like a plan, graphicgr8s.

09-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
graphicgr8s

Here, in no particular order are what has been suggested so far.

Marie Selby Gardens, Sarasota
www.selby.org/

Bok Tower Gardens
Bok Tower Gardens | Bok Tower Gardens

Busch Gardens
Busch Gardens Tampa :: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Homepage

The Florida Aquarium
The Florida Aquarium - Tampa Bay

Florida Botanical Gardens
Pinellas County Florida Botanical Gardens

Circus Museums

Sarasota Classic Car Museum

Ding Darling NWR on Sanibel

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens

Merritt Island

Please post your suggestions and I'll try to compile a poll as to where we seem to want to go. Then we'll get dates down.
11-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The wife wants to go to Busch Gardens again now thats she is a budding photographer, so If you guys come up with a date in the spring when everthing is in bloom we would come gown. We are both retired but we have to get a babysitter for my Mother-In-Law. she is 95.
11-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm cool with either of the botanical gardens. Since the weather has now gotten cooler, we would probably be better off doing something like that in the spring (March or April).

I live near Gainesville, so I'm familiar with the area and there are some state parks worth visiting--Payne's Prairie and Devil's Millhopper, among others. Here is the link to the Florida State Parks website for more info: http://www.floridastateparks.org/

I'll also throw another couple of locations into the mix for consideration--St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, which both offer a wide variety of photo ops from street shooting to architecture to nature.

Assuming that I would be able to join you, I guess I'll be the odd one out with the Canon.

Heather

11-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
I'm cool with either of the botanical gardens. Since the weather has now gotten cooler, we would probably be better off doing something like that in the spring (March or April).

I live near Gainesville, so I'm familiar with the area and there are some state parks worth visiting--Payne's Prairie and Devil's Millhopper, among others. Here is the link to the Florida State Parks website for more info: http://www.floridastateparks.org/

I'll also throw another couple of locations into the mix for consideration--St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, which both offer a wide variety of photo ops from street shooting to architecture to nature.

Assuming that I would be able to join you, I guess I'll be the odd one out with the Canon.

Heather
And that would matter because?

George
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
And that would matter because?
George
Usually for people who shoot Pentax who go out and shoot in groups, they're usually the only person with a Pentax. This time, the tables will be turned and I would likely be the only person in the group who isn't shooting with a Pentax.

Seriously though, since I've gotten to "know" some of you here, I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you in person.

Heather
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #40
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Usually for people who shoot Pentax who go out and shoot in groups, they're usually the only person with a Pentax. This time, the tables will be turned and I would likely be the only person in the group who isn't shooting with a Pentax.
Seriously though, since I've gotten to "know" some of you here, I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you in person.
Heather
Again I ask; So?
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I think it will be somewhere else we go, I can't see paying 75.oo a person when we are not riding the rides.
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #42

Am in Sarasota

I'm in Sarasota and would be interested in meeting up here or tampa, fort myers, etc. I do love selby gardens. there are so many interesting places. Myakka State Park and others.
01-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #43
Veteran Member

They posted the line-up for the free Jacksonville Blues Festival , April 9, 10 & 11. I'll be there all day the 10&11 in the payed seating section in the front row.
Springing The Blues
01-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Ooh, I might be able to make it to the Jacksonville Blues Festival - I've been learning a few blues riffs myself
01-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #45
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
They posted the line-up for the free Jacksonville Blues Festival , April 9, 10 & 11. I'll be there all day the 10&11 in the payed seating section in the front row.
Springing The Blues
I wonder how they'd feel with a bunch of Pentax lenses pointed at them.