Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DC's 2009 Capital Criterium - Called on account of... the Recession

Just in case any other bicycle racing fans were going to shoot the Capital Criterium this Sunday, you might as well stay home. It's been called off for this year due to ING Direct pulling out as the primary sponsor. The organizers reportedly have a new sponsor lined up for next year, but there was simply not enough time to turn the event around for this year.

They made the announcement (Jul 23 Press Release) back in July, but I've been so busy that I missed it. I only found out about this today as I was checking their website for the best place to get off of the Metro.

Serious Bummer but I guess this way I will be able to recover from a full day shooting the 2009 Pro National Championship Motocross Races with the BIGMA on Saturday at Budds Creek, MD. If anyone plans to go out to Budds Creek, let me know.

Mike

08-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
mel
Veteran Member

Gotta work. All the fun stuff happens when I have to work. Any chance you'll get in free again with the BIGMA?
08-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Gotta work. All the fun stuff happens when I have to work. Any chance you'll get in free again with the BIGMA?
I sorta doubt it. Last year was a fluke...