Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentaxians Boston Southern NH show yourselves

Can't find you [like at the tall ships etc.] LOL

So here is another chance- I just posted this with our local photo meetup group.

Hi everyone it’s that time again the annual Gloucester schooner festival next weekend, so hold on to your hat. I am sure many photographers would give their eye teeth to shoot it,
And we have it in our own back yard, Fri Sept 4 schooners arriving all day. Sat 5 activities all day on waterfront. Sat night 7:30pm parade of lights down the annisquam river, fireworks 9:15pm Best view maybe whale watch boat most having trips for parade and fireworks so call. Both events can be a challenge to get the best pictures, but not Sunday
On Sunday, its like shooting fish in a barrel you have an opportunity to get some really great pictures. For the last week I have been trying to get the whale watching boats to do Sundays parade of sail and schooner races
but they have been reluctant to give up a whale watching trip {a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush} Gloucester harbor tours is doing one but they are all sold out. So yesterday Brenda called from Yankee fleet said they would do one primarily for photographers about 8:00am check out the schooners then go to the parade area [we will be shooting with the light behind us not into it like people on the shore] then for the next few hours shadowing the schooners racing, it was a blast last year never mind the great pictures and at a cost of only $18.00 per person! There # 978-283-0313 tell them that Joe sent you just kidding. For the race shots with digital use shutter priority a fast shutter speed 1/500 and above, you will probably be shooting in strong light so you’re wont have to worry about a higher ISO.
Now if you do all that and forget your film or memory card you can still get another chance Tuesday morning from 6:00am till 8:00am on Sept 8 for the fisherman’s cup race from Gloucester to Ptown as the boats leave Gloucester harbor
And if you forgot to put them in your camera you still have schooner week in Ptown coming up. You can email me at fintan@dublin.com Thanks Joe
Twenty-Fifth Annual
Gloucester
Schooner Festival
September 4 - 7, 2009
The 2009 Great Provincetown Schooner Regatta & Yacht Race week
Sept 7-12

09-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Want to meet up this weekend?