Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2009, 06:06 AM   #16
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Hey... NO FAIR... I guess I could send Rosalie though... LOL
along with a couple cameras. and the BIGMA.
but maybe if she starts shooting you might not get your cameras back huh.

09-08-2009, 06:13 AM   #17

Mel, this sounds really exciting but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make this gathering. I'll keep on eye on this thread though to see how it works out. Thanks for getting something going though and good luck with it!
09-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Mal, since your in the "area", if you need any gear for the meet, let me know, also the Forum's banner. Hope it all turns out well... looks like I have come comp. for the gathering next year lol
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Early part of May is good for me. Too many shoots near Memorial day to go then. Plus hopefully, by then I'll have my digital.

09-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #20
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Hey Mal, since your in the "area", if you need any gear for the meet, let me know, also the Forum's banner. Hope it all turns out well... looks like I have come comp. for the gathering next year lol
Not if you stick to your usual late June thing there shouldn't be conflict. I"m looking at early May. And you know you can always count me in for yours! That would be awesome if we could use the banner. On the beach. Maybe with a nice sunset or something (he he he).

And yeah I'll probably hit you up about gear and resources and stuff. Thanks Brendan!
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #21
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
Mel, this sounds really exciting but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make this gathering. I'll keep on eye on this thread though to see how it works out. Thanks for getting something going though and good luck with it!
Well bummer. Feel free to pass the word on to anyone who might be interested though!

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Early part of May is good for me. Too many shoots near Memorial day to go then. Plus hopefully, by then I'll have my digital.
I've put in an inquiry to my friend regarding the availability either weekend and I'm waiting to hear back. This would be a good opportunity to become thoroughly familiar with the digital before all the Memorial Day shoots eh?
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've gotten confirmation that I can get the place at Martha's Vineyard in May, and right now we have our choice of either of the first two weekends in May. I'm planning to reserve it for Thurs/Fri/Sat nights. There are several points of departure for the ferries that go out there. The one that I have always taken departs from Woods Hole Mass, but I know there are others from other points. I can find and provide information as needed.

Input on which weekend would be great. I don't feel the need to start a poll as there aren't that many of us. Pass the word on to your shooting friends even if they don't shoot Pentax. All camera brands are welcome of course.

09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Either weekend is good for me. I'm retired and all I have is free time.
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mel, best wishes on the participation success! We had two ladies last weekend and I really enjoyed their company.

Regards,
Marc
10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #25
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Quick update - I have the place in Martha's Vineyard (walking distance to beach) confirmed for the first full weekend in May, Thursday through Sunday (May 6, 7, 8 - nights, departing on 9). People don't necessarily have to be there all those nights, but I figured I probably will get there afternoon of Thursday just for convenience sake.

I'll continue to add details as I get them worked out. For those that like to look up stuff, the place is located in Katama, near Edgartown, near a very long stretch of beach. The island is chock full of beautiful shooting opportunities and while it may be a little cool for the full beach experience it will also be less crowded for better shooting experience.

Spread the word. The condo can handle definitely 6, possibly up to 8 people.
12-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Inactive Account

girls only

HI Mel, I'm in. Always wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard, and this sounds like a great trip. May is perfect...just let me know the when's and wherefore's...
12-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I still think this is very unfair!

Mike
12-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #28
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by expatfr Quote
HI Mel, I'm in. Always wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard, and this sounds like a great trip. May is perfect...just let me know the when's and wherefore's...
Great!! Like I said I have the place confirmed for the first full weekend in May, Thurs through Sun (but if people can't arrive until Fri that's fine too).

As it gets closer I'll start looking at trying to get some sponsors for some goodies and hopefully some loaner gear to try out (lenses and such). I'm also toying with the idea of shirts too since the other groups have done them, but maybe something like embroidered polos if I can find a good deal on them.

This will be fun!
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm going to have to back out of this trip. Much as I'd like to go, I see no way for me to come up with the funds it would take to get there. I have no vehicle of my own, and unless by some miracle, I won't have the money to fly up either.
01-24-2010, 04:54 AM   #30
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'm going to have to back out of this trip. Much as I'd like to go, I see no way for me to come up with the funds it would take to get there. I have no vehicle of my own, and unless by some miracle, I won't have the money to fly up either.
Where are you located? I'll be driving up from the D.C. area and taking my vehicle across on the ferry. Can you get that far?