Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
How about a husband/wife Pentax shooting couple? I promise to leave my Canon gear at home...

01-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mel, I'm in Florida.
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Or Pen-girlians?
The Pentaxifems!
01-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #34
Veteran Member

This is a great idea! Several years ago riding clubs started holding women-only motorcycle trackdays and they were a great hit. Best of luck, I'll mention it to my wife. But if I may suggest....Femmetaxians...

01-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #35
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Femmetaxian, Pentaxifems. Lol. Love them both.

And yes please spread the word. With this being Martha's Vineyard, access will be an issue for many I fear. I will be driving up Thursday from the Washington DC area in a full-size SUV with food and supplies and junk so I can take a few bodies too if the bodies can get to D.C. Or anywhere along 95 between there and there

I'm still trying to figure out costs and am negotiating the rent. It won't be as much on the rent as the going rate, say if a person was trying to rent it though the agency for a vacation, but we're trying to come up with a workable number that benefits both of us.
01-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JnM_in_VT Quote
How about a husband/wife Pentax shooting couple? I promise to leave my Canon gear at home...
Mel already said that I couldn't come even if I festoned my wife with Pentax gear...

Mike
01-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #37

Photos: Gallery
This is such a great idea! I've always noticed we're in the minority and I really wish I could make it, but it's just not going to happen with two soon-to-be five year olds. That, and that I am in Florida...

By the way, I love all the girl names we've acquired, here! Hilarious!

01-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #38
Inactive Account

Don't forget to post the photos of the lingerie tickle fights when you get back.
01-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #39
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hanamai Quote
This is such a great idea! I've always noticed we're in the minority and I really wish I could make it, but it's just not going to happen with two soon-to-be five year olds. That, and that I am in Florida...

By the way, I love all the girl names we've acquired, here! Hilarious!
Twins? I have twins. Identical boys that will be 10 next month. Those two and their three older brothers (teenagers) are one of the reasons I want a girls only getaway. Way too much testosterone in this house!
01-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
Don't forget to post the photos of the lingerie tickle fights when you get back.
sicko (10char)

Last edited by mel; 01-29-2010 at 11:44 AM.
01-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Twins? I have twins. Identical boys that will be 10 next month. Those two and their three older brothers (teenagers) are one of the reasons I want a girls only getaway. Way too much testosterone in this house!
Wow! I don't blame you! That's got to be one busy house, I can't imagine the food consumption alone!

Indeed they are twins. I have a boy and girl. (Fraternal, of course- Which I'm sure you already figured, but you'd be surprised how often I still get asked! I'm always polite, but sometimes I just want to yell, "Hello!- One is a boy and the other is a girl! How could they possibly be IDENTICAL?!")
03-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #42
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I need to make final plans as it's almost April. Most seem to be kind of on the fence and I must admit my own time has gotten considerably tighter of late as well. Is there sufficient interest in the first full weekend of May to go forward? If not then maybe we can tentatively plan for sometime in the fall.
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #43

Fun idea, Mel!

I might be able to swing this, depending on the cost, particularly if I can catch a ride. I'm very close to where 95 and 695 intersect north of Baltimore, so it is on the way, at least.

So, once I know the cost, I'll be able to say.
04-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #44
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do this after all. I'm not going to be able to keep the costs down to the point that I can swing my own portion. I'm going to keep open the possibility of the fall, but there's a strong possibility that perhaps a cheaper location might be a good idea (the Vineyard is rather expensive just to get to). If we can get sufficient interesting in the east-coast girls getting together perhaps we can all come up with an idea that will work for everyone for minimal costs.
04-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #45
Veteran Member

BTW... shouldn't y'all be calling yourselves

PENTAXiGALS ???

"Girl-taxians" sounds like something you owe to the IRS!

Mike
(ducks for cover and hides before Mel can pound him)