Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #31

so far i am still down on 22nov, if i dont have to go to niagara.
I just got a K-x, not happy at all. =(

11-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
If I'm reading the map Panoguy posted correctly there's a bakery just inside the entry gate to the Distillery at Mill St. and Trinity St. that would be a good place to meet in front of. It's building 45a on this map: http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/Map_2009.pdf and I believe it's called the Brick Street Bakery.
so sunday nov 22 shall we say 3 pm at this spot? shoot for a few hours and then grab a few drinks after
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AMBIVALENCE Quote
so far i am still down on 22nov, if i dont have to go to niagara.
Why not happy with K-x?
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #34
Inactive Account

22 Nov - 3 pm - le Bakery!

Oui oui!

I will at least try my best - Might have to work - but I hope not!

Dave

11-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #35
Inactive Account

What's the prob?

Dave
11-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #36

ok, i'll be there too...
11-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Why not happy with K-x?
because my K-x doenst take any normal AA nor NiMH batteries at all. Always depleted.
I am using lithium now.

11-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
because my K-x doenst take any normal AA nor NiMH batteries at all. Always depleted.
I am using lithium now.
sounds defective
11-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Eneloop is NiMH right? I heard ppl using that with no problem tho.
11-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #40
Pentaxian

I am using lithium now.

I have plain NiMH, Eneloops, and RCR-V3s that you can try just to make sure too. All of my cameras have been running great with them for ages.
11-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Have you guys been on dpr? So many users with Kx's that die unless you have lithiums in the thing.

AA's are just the most horrible thing short of a small mouse in a tiny wheel that you could use to power a complicated electrical device.

AA afficionardo's were the type of kids that had a security blanket and sucked their thumb until they were 17.
11-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Have you guys been on dpr? So many users with Kx's that die unless you have lithiums in the thing.

AA's are just the most horrible thing short of a small mouse in a tiny wheel that you could use to power a complicated electrical device.

AA afficionardo's were the type of kids that had a security blanket and sucked their thumb until they were 17.
The risks associated with dedicated batteries aren't much different. The only way you're guaranteed good performance is if you buy the OEM batteries which cost a fortune. I'm surprised I'm not hearing about how poorly 3rd party batteries perform, unless I'm having the same luck with them as the poor folks on DPR are having with K-xs and AAs.

My 3rd party laptop battery sucks, my 3rd party batteries for my Canon P&S suck, etc. I think my 3rd party camcorder battery is ok though. You need to pick and choose which 3rd party brands are good, which is no different than having to choose the best AAs, which, when chosen correctly, work well and have the added benefit of not costing a fortune and also functioning in other devices.

Things like laptops and cell phones and MP3 players can't really use standard batteries because they need to pass digital data or require a different profile, but there's nothing inherently wrong with well-made AAs.
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Hmm seemed like a common struggle once shared a bit by the K200D as well. Coming from the K100D I was kinda surprised the K200D only liked Low Self Dishcarge AA NiHM's to which I moved all my rechargeables to my flashes and bought Eneloops/Loblaws Rechargeables (white)/Sony CycleEnergy to which only then was my K200D was happy...and so long as the weather was warm lol.

I usually resorted to charging at least one set, usually two the night before any shoot.
11-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Are any of you folks who are all hyped up about 22 November aware that The Toronto International Camera Show is being held on that date at the Thornhill Community Centre, 7755 Bayview Ave. at John St., Thornhill?

Toronto has four good shows per year and this is one of them.

It is only a 15 minute drive from Edwards Gardens (Leslie & Lawrence) which, even bereft of most of the flowers, has plenty of photo opportunities. And it is 20 minutes from Wilket Creek/Serena Gundy/Sunnybrook Parks (Leslie & Eglinton).

Mickey
11-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the PHSC website ( http://www.phsc.ca/fair/TICS-Nov22-2009.jpg ) it looks like the Thornhill camera show runs from 10 to 3 and it's about 40 km down the 404 from there to the distillery district. Seeing as the suggested meeting time is 3:00 at the moment going to both events on the same day shouldn't be a problem for anyone willing to leave the camera show before it ends or meet up with the rest of us downtown a bit late.

I haven't been to the International show before (i'm usually not in the area when it's on), how does it compare to the spring and fall PHSC shows?