Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Years Eve in Paris

We're going to be in Paris over New Years Eve and a couple more days as well. The K10D is naturally coming along for the trip. But where is the best place to get some pictures of the fireworks, perhaps with some well-known buildings in the back or foreground. Perhaps the Eiffel Tower
Apart from the obvious, Paris des Libertés et des Droits de l'Homme (Trocadero), probably the best lookout point for the Eiffel Tower which I am guessing will be packed with people and impossible to put a tripod anywhere, where would such a place be?
I've been to Paris once before and we're going to stay in the same place at Montparnasse so that will be our starting location.

12-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just a little bump. Plane leaves tomorrow afternoon but I have internet over there. All suggestions are welcome. So far I'm leaning on Champs-Élysées.
12-30-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry for the late reply, I totally missed your post.
The obvious and spectacular spot is the Trocadéro, as the fireworks are usually launched from the Eiffel tower, but as you said the place will be probably be packed.

There are many other spots though. Look at my gallery, I have two Eiffel tower pictures with the locations described in the comments.
The right bank of the Seine is full of good spots, and you also have a nice view from many bridges around the tower: Mirabeau bridge, Bir-Hakeim bridge, passerelle Debilly (don't miss the Quai Branly museum if you cross this pedestrian bridge).
Or if the weather is good, simply in the Champs de Mars park behind the tower, so you'll have the Trocadéro in the background.

A good way to explore in advance is to use the Street View in Google Maps

Last edited by PhilippeG; 12-30-2009 at 05:42 AM.