Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone w/ K-x in Denver area?

I'm planning a DSLR purchase end of February. I am most impressed w/ the K-x and wanted to actually handle one and maybe snap a few shots to examine. Imagine my dismay on finding that there apparently are no shops in the Denver metro area that handle Pentax DSLRs. I did find one shop that carries the K20d, but nothing available on the K-x.

I'm hoping there is a forum member with a K-x who would be kind enough to arrange a meeting so I could examine and actually hold one. The other contender for my money is a Nikon D5000, but frankly, the one I played with @ best Buy felt uncomfortable (might have been the secutiry attachments that caused that). If you can help me with this, please send me an email or a pm and I'll get back to you quickly. There is a whole month for us to arrange to meet.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

02-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
Forum Member

Hey Tim,

Jason here from Littleton/Lakewood area. I just ordered my K-x from Adorama on the 19th and it'll be here in about a week.

Just a note, get the K-x. I've been researching DSLR's for about two months now. I was all set to buy a Nikon D90 (but dreading the cost) when someone suggested the K-x. More research turned up so many more advantages in going with the K-x over a Nikon/Canon.

Yes, its a 4:3 format sensor and doesn't have a grip, but other than that, what sold me was the incredible high ISO performance (I have a kid, so indoor low light shots are 50% of what I do) and the lense choice/price. Saving $ on not needing an in-lens shake reduction and autofocus pays for the body, over time. Not to mention the incredibly easy to navigate and logical menus in the camera.

And...IIRC, Pentax is a Colorado company!

Anyway, hit me up in a week or two and we'll meet. But if I were you, just DO IT! lol
02-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tim_R Quote
I'm planning a DSLR purchase end of February. I am most impressed w/ the K-x and wanted to actually handle one and maybe snap a few shots to examine. Imagine my dismay on finding that there apparently are no shops in the Denver metro area that handle Pentax DSLRs. I did find one shop that carries the K20d, but nothing available on the K-x.

I'm hoping there is a forum member with a K-x who would be kind enough to arrange a meeting so I could examine and actually hold one. The other contender for my money is a Nikon D5000, but frankly, the one I played with @ best Buy felt uncomfortable (might have been the secutiry attachments that caused that). If you can help me with this, please send me an email or a pm and I'll get back to you quickly. There is a whole month for us to arrange to meet.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
I hope I'm not too late to help. The only place I've found in Denver to actually pick up and hold a KX is Ultimate Electronics. The one at 84th and I-25 has a couple in stock and a very small selection of lenses. They have also had a K20, but the last time I saw it, it was on clearance.
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
I hope I'm not too late to help. The only place I've found in Denver to actually pick up and hold a KX is Ultimate Electronics. The one at 84th and I-25 has a couple in stock and a very small selection of lenses. They have also had a K20, but the last time I saw it, it was on clearance.
Oh snap, this would have been helpful a few weeks ago lol

I too was in this predicament, but went ahead and ordered the K-x, should arrive on March 1st.

IIRC, Tim replied via PM and said he ordered his too. But now I'm tempted to go to UA and just hold one...tired of waiting lol

Thanks for posting Code4code5!