Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whirlpool Forums Brisbane Photography Workshop/Meet

This was originally posted in the Whirlpool Forums Photography forum, but you have to be registered for some time to see the forum.

Originally it was posted just for WP Brisbane members, but they've agreed to open it up.

WP Brisbane Photography Workshop/Meet

DATE
20th February (Saturday): say 4pm to 7pm

TOPICS
What would you like to discuss on the day??
Landscape/sport/architec
ture/macro/portraits/CanonVsNikon/Grey market/other??
Questions answered as they arise.

Lets meet at Lower River Terrace, Kangaroo Point down on the riverwalk.
At the base of the steps which lead up to River Terrace rotunda.

WHO
Anyone..... Beginner's MOST welcome!

IMPORTANTLY
As I (psyclonejack75) just thought to convene the informal day and as I rate myself a beginner photographer... Is there anyone willing to lead some preliminary technical instruction/guidance on the day itself??

dosdan has offered to provide some general instruction.

My (dosdan) suggestion is that we split up into two groups for the first part. The users that have recently upgraded from a P&S and haven't learned the basics yet could attend the tech intro (aperture, DOF, optimum lens sharpness, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, stops, exposure, EV comp, LV, exposure modes - handouts will be provided) while the more experienced users who know that stuff already can have their own discussion.

Then back together for a general shoot. Or we can split that up too.

I think it will be great if a some more SE Queensland Pentax users can attend, so it doesn't become a complete C/N lovefest. Hopefully there will be a number of the new K-x owners attending.

Dan