Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bay area, and Yosemite trip planned!

Hey, I'm doing a road trip down to the Bay area, and two nights in Yosemite. Bringing the camera and the mtn bikes. Plan on riding Mt. Tam, or what there is for mtn biking there, as its considered the birth place of mtn biking. Would like to hear of any must see photograpic locations in the Bay area, Napa area. It looks like anywhere you turn around in Yosemite is a photo op so I'm sure I'll be busy there!

04-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #2

2 nights may not be enough for Yosemite! I'm going there again in May after going last year. If you're going in June or afterwards, Tioga Road has some great sights to see. Plan for VERY early in the mornings due to the influx of Buses and traffic (Also the best birdwatching is when people haven't plowed their way through the trails all day). Memorial day to Labor day are the worst times for traffic. This year they are doing road work as well. So plan ahead if you can.

If you're passing in the bay area, do yourself a favor and get down to Point Lobos near Carmel-by-the Sea. The water there is amazing. No need for '17-mile drive' IMHO. Then on towards Big Sur along the PCH at least until Castle Hearst. For this east-coaster, the scenery was breath-taking.

IN San Francisco, you'll see enough to enjoy, but the Presidio area can be home to some very interesting bike rides.

Last edited by fazer; 04-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.
04-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, ya two nights won't do Yosemite justice, but honestly I'm a little afraid of how busy it'll be for my tastes. Plus this trip is about riding bikes, and you can't mtn bike in the park, so its more of a scenic detour for us.

Will look up point lobos thanks!