Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New here, Greetings!

Greetings all!

I just ordered a 645N from KEH, so I thought it Would be a good time to join this group 'cause I'm sure that I will have some questions.

I'm not new to Medium Format cameras, in fact I just sold my Rolleiflex 2.8F Planar TLR in order to finance this 645N. My Rollei took the sharpest images I've ever taken, but I decided that I would like to try something a little more up to date, I hope I'm not dissappointed and I hope I don't miss my Rollei too much.

I'll post my initial impressios when I receive my new-to-me 645N W/75mm FA 2.8 lens.

Ray

05-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi, it will be interesting to hear your experiences when you have the camera! There's good advice around here (I'm relatively new myself to 645)
05-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking forward to your impressions and images Ray. Welcome to the group!
05-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, Ray!

I know what you mean about trying a camera more up to date - the 645 is a very different feel, bigger and heavier, but with automation and convenience... not to mention you hold it to your eye instead of your belly

I can say I've carried a TLR around more than the 645, due to the weight thing, but one of these days I'll build up the courage to take my 645 for a day's jaunt.

05-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Welcome aboard, Ray!

I know what you mean about trying a camera more up to date - the 645 is a very different feel, bigger and heavier, but with automation and convenience... not to mention you hold it to your eye instead of your belly
Ah, but he could hold his Rolleiflex up to his eye and shoot similar to a SLR. You had to focus first via the 100% finder. They have a sports finder built in - an eye level frame finder mode in the finder hood.

Last edited by tuco; 05-20-2010 at 12:33 PM.