Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by bensonga Quote
Heck....just decided to order one. Got the Fotodiox adapter from Amazon for $80.

Gary
Gary, IŽam interested in you experience about the Fotodiox adapter (quality, handling etc.), because I want to realize a dream of my "youth" . When I studied in the nineties I made an internship at DLR . There they used beside their “fixed” aerial cameras a HaBla ELX (?) and a CZ Planar 100mm as handheld. The Planar 100 made incredible sharp photos. (originally so I was told it was calculated for the NASA missions).
As student I never could afford it, today in times of price decline of analogue stuff it became affordable, but I donŽt want to step in another MF System.

PS:
http://www.hasselblad.de/media/1663143/the_evolution_of_lenses.pdf

Last edited by veraikon; 05-27-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: PS.
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
Gary, IŽam interested in you experience about the Fotodiox adapter (quality, handling etc.), because I want to realize a dream of my "youth" . When I studied in the nineties I made an internship at DLR . There they used beside their “fixed” aerial cameras a HaBla ELX (?) and a CZ Planar 100mm as handheld. The Planar 100 made incredible sharp photos. (originally so I was told it was calculated for the NASA missions).
As student I never could afford it, today in times of price decline of analogue stuff it became affordable, but I donŽt want to step in another MF System.

PS:
http://www.hasselblad.de/media/1663143/the_evolution_of_lenses.pdf
I'll let you know how the adapter works out....it was shipped yesterday, so perhaps I will receive it later next week.

Thanks for the link to that article.....I look forward to reading it this weekend.

I had read that the 100mm f3.5 Planar was an outstanding lens also....here's a post you might enjoy reading from the HasselbladInfo forum.

Life with the Planar CFi f3,5/100 - Hasselblad Forum

I added that lens to my collection in 2009, but haven't really had a chance to use it yet. I hope to do that this summer.

Like you, I could not afford a Hasselbald camera (let alone the lenses) when I was younger. Now that prices have fallen so much on used MF film equipment, I've realized that life long dream too. Of course, the Zeiss lenses are still much more expensive than the Pentax 645/67 glass....but at least the prices are generally within reach of mere mortals now. :-)

I actually paid less for the EX+ condition Hasselblad 553ELX I bought last year than I did for the same condition Pentax 645NII....although when I factor in the price of a film back, they were about the same.

I hope you realize your dreams of youth soon!

Gary