Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
645D on display in Melbourne, Australia June 4-6

The latest Twitter from Pentax Australia:
QuoteQuote:
PentaxAustralia: New 645D medium format digital camera will be on our stand at the PMA Digital Life Expo in Melb. June 4t-6th.
Twitter / Pentax Australia: New 645D medium format dig ...

Info on the expo:
photo show exhibition photography imaging - PMA Australia

If I was gonna be in Melbourne then, I'd sure take a look at it.

06-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Ok, I went to the show yesterday and briefly held a 645D - it will probably be a long time till I do that again CRK reps were claiming that Australia will be the first market outside Japan to get the 645D because of their special relationship with Pentax (first distributor outside Japan) and were talking about August or September release at AUD$14k - 16k including the 55mm lens.

I honestly did nothing more than pick it up to feel the weight and then hold it up to my eye to get an idea of the ergonomics. It was fine on both counts and of course has a big, bright VF. It looks like the real reviews can't be too far away so it is probably better to wait for them than ask me questions based on 30 seconds of holding the camera in a busy exhibition.
06-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same as Paul, I went to the show today and together with my friend photographer held, and tried to explore the 645D for a while. For such a big camera it seems to be well balanced, you can surely hold it in just one hand (it had a 55mm f2.8 lens attached). Focusing with AF is very smooth and perhaps it's not as fast as a K-7, but who can judge it well in such conditions. Buttons, knobs and everything is very much the standard Pentax stuff, top display is absolutely huge, and the electronic spirit level is particularly finely responsive.
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its making its way around the country now, i just saw it today!

might make a separate thread so fellow australians know to keep an ear/eye out for it heading their way...