Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Most of the digital folk on this forum respect the long Pentax film tradition. I post my film shots along with my digital stuff and don't believe that I have ever had a disparaging remark based on medium alone. We do have our digital chauvinists, but they they are in the minority.

Steve
I'm sorry Steve! I didn't mean any disrespect. NO digital users here have disrespected me or anybody I've seen post here. As others have said, this just has not historically been the place to post film related information. Pictures get lots of responses from all walks, but film/darkroom stuff is currently better suited elsewhere.

Mike

06-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikebob Quote
I'm sorry Steve! I didn't mean any disrespect. NO digital users here have disrespected me or anybody I've seen post here. As others have said, this just has not historically been the place to post film related information. Pictures get lots of responses from all walks, but film/darkroom stuff is currently better suited elsewhere.

Mike
I agree that there are very few threads dedicated to a particular developer or darkroom technique here. These things are discussed, but often within the context of a posted photo. When film shots are posted here, it is fairly customary to share the film used and processing information. As a result, questions regarding the film or technique often end up nested in that thread. As for films...I have personally started threads with my impressions of films that are new to me (e.g. Ektar 100 and Rollei Retro 100). Scanner related topics are starting to be more common as well.

An example would be the scanner comparison stuff that I posted awhile back. We often get posts regarding "what scanner to buy". I could have posted my comparison in the hybridphoto.com forum and posted a link here, but I figured that it was easier and more helpful to post where the questions are being asked and where I have an established reputation and credibility.

I for one would welcome additional "article" posts on film and processing technique.

Steve
06-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

I for one would welcome additional "article" posts on film and processing technique.
Steve
Make that two of us!

BTW, I was reading through your Chamonix review over at the large format forums the other day, I can't believe some of the responses! There are a lot of good posters over there, but man, some of them can be real d**ks.
06-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I put my $0.03 in the other 2 threads already. I don't really split my film developing up with the exception of 110 which basically has to go to either Blue Moon or Dwaynes and Kodachrome which has to go to Dwaynes.

I currently use 110, 120/220, 127 and 135 film formats.