Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #1

[langtitle=zh-CN]Using Sekonic Flash meter with Pentax 67[/langtitle]

I have both and started to use them for my upcoming macro shoots. After testing the meter and the camera at home, I have quite a few questions I did not understand -- how to actually use the meter to adjust to ambient light when you have film

If I do not have film yet in the camera, it is easy. Just go to flower, press the measure and trigger the flash. You can then adjust the ratio by changing the shutter (and use the combination of shutter and aperture suggested by the meter with the ratio e.g. 20% flash for fill flash).

Now you have taken the first macro and move to another flower, what can you do then? I did not want to bring another camera just to trigger the flash :-).

If you cannot do the multiple exposure, have you have to waste one film to get the flash trigger and then metering?

Assume one must use multiple exposure to trigger the flash and as I have the Pentax 67 NII, how do you get to multiple exposure. I saw a button there but never manage to deal with it?

If I cannot manage this NII feature (so far not able to), I may have to use the LS 90 and LS 165 I have. How to do this multiple exposure?

If all that is not ok, what is flash you can recommend and cable for TTL with NII. I use Nikon SB800 currently.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

06-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

First off, what Sekonic flash meter do you have? Mine you can connect the flash cord directly to the meter and fire the flash or set the meter to read when the flash goes off and then trigger the flash manually with the button on the flash unit. My meter has an attachment for the flash - a flat white-defused cap and a spherical cap for measuring ambient light.

You can do a double exposure with the 90mm LS but not the 165mm LS as a lens feature. Plus you can do pure leaf shutter exposure with the 90mm LS to eliminate the mirror if you want. You can find the instructions in the 90mm LS manual that can be found online or I can post it for you if you like.

The 67NII has double exposure capability, so I've read (I only have a 67). Doesn't the manual for the camera tell you how to do that?
06-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
First off, what Sekonic flash meter do you have? Mine you can connect the flash cord directly to the meter and fire the flash or set the meter to read when the flash goes off and then trigger the flash manually with the button on the flash unit. My meter has an attachment for the flash - a flat white-defused cap and a spherical cap for measuring ambient light.

You can do a double exposure with the 90mm LS but not the 165mm LS as a lens feature. Plus you can do pure leaf shutter exposure with the 90mm LS to eliminate the mirror if you want. You can find the instructions in the 90mm LS manual that can be found online or I can post it for you if you like.

The 67NII has double exposure capability, so I've read (I only have a 67). Doesn't the manual for the camera tell you how to do that?
Thanks. I have both the Sekonic l-758d and gossen digiflash.

I continue my test and found out that my SB-800 flash test button is inoperative. I may have to use my SB-600 for that purpose. That might resolve the issue.

For the double exposure, I have read the manual and test (or waste) a few film. It is still not clear.

May be I should continue my test.
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

If the 67NII is like the 67 in this regard, you don't need film in the camera to actually shoot it. With the 67 you open the film back, press down and turn the the top of the winder so it reads more than one exposure and close the back. Now the camera will wind and fire like there was film loaded.

06-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
If the 67NII is like the 67 in this regard, you don't need film in the camera to actually shoot it. With the 67 you open the film back, press down and turn the the top of the winder so it reads more than one exposure and close the back. Now the camera will wind and fire like there was film loaded.
It is not possible with 67NII.

I finally get the AF 500 FTZ and in fact got other question ....