Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amateurphotographer hands on review of 645D

Pentax 645D hands on review news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Pentax_645D_hands_on_review_news_2...fset=&offset=2

The shutter action is quite and smooth, while the new and improved SAFOX IX+ 11 point AF system is indeed much improved.

06-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #2

These preliminary "reviews" are whetting my appetite for the images it will produce. I suspect it will perform admirably, but we''ll have to wait a little longer to see. I'm really curoius as to how well the long lenses from the 67 will perform. My stable of M* telephotos are waiting!
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
Forum Member

This review and some others bother me in that they call it a non-professional camera. I don't understand why they would say this. If it produces better images, then it is professional. I don't care if its not water protected. I tried to shoot photos with my water protected Olympus gear but I always got water on all my wide angle lens and that stopped the shooting much faster than the body would have.
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wkkato Quote
This review and some others bother me in that they call it a non-professional camera. I don't understand why they would say this. If it produces better images, then it is professional. I don't care if its not water protected. I tried to shoot photos with my water protected Olympus gear but I always got water on all my wide angle lens and that stopped the shooting much faster than the body would have.
I don't understand your post and why do you talk about Olympus?

06-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
amateur photography...a very appropriate title indeed

"non-professional-orientated digital medium format camera"
I believe they are remarking in the similarity of the interface with the Pentax K-7, which they consider to be a non-professional camera...which is a contentious statement in itself. By that extension the Hasselblad HD40 is every bit as amateur, and the canon 1DSMK III is professional...some people just really don't get it.

I cannot wait until Michael Reichmann reviews this camera.He has a genuine interest in photography that goes beyond mere online magazine poly filling. I'm also quite confident he will be love the dedicated MLU switch, and again berate canon for not doing likewise.
06-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Pentaxian

From TFA:

"Thus the 55mm is slightly wide of our usual standard (though spot-on for matching the human eye) when we might be used to 55mm being a proper wideangle for the 6x4.5cm format – about 80mm is usually considered standard on 120 film. "

LOL, this guy's MF camera experience (lack of) is showing. There are many formats projected on this film all with a different "standard lens".