Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your kind remark earlier. Perhaps I, too, came across a bit hard on the Pentacon 6 camera. Whilst there have been many reports about unreliability, there are also many dedicated users of it, particularly the TL. And I have no doubt that repair in Germany is not a big problem. But in my case, I live with my family in the Northern Philippines, where everything is a problem, let alone the repair of a camera nobody has even heard of. I need reliability in a camera and the Pentax 645 and 67 have provided that to me for years.

Best, Alan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
The Pentacon 6 wasn't that bad, nothing like a Kiev 88… But the Pentacons are getting very old by now and need servicing, which can be had in Germany easily, but probably not as readily in the US or elsewhere.

Ben

Last edited by ARCASIA; 06-30-2010 at 05:53 PM.
06-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ARCASIA Quote
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your kind remark earlier. Perhaps I, too, came across a bit hard on the Pentacon 6 camera. Whilst there have been many reports about unreliability, there are also many dedicated users of it, particularly the TL. And I have no doubt that repair in Germany is not a big problem. But in my case, I live with my family in the Northern Philippines, where everything is a problem, let alone the repair or a camera nobody has even heard of. I need reliability in a camera and the Pentax 645 and 67 have provided that to me for years.

Best, Alan

Alan, when I saw your location it was clear to me, that you won't find a repair shop readily and I guess outside Europe it is getting harder to find any shop at all for the old Pentacons. And I would not even recommend a Pentacon 6 to you, having made a decission for the Pentax MF cameras. I just wanted to clear the picture, so to say. I myself use Mamiya 645 (have a C330 somewhere) and LF and no Pentax at all in the larger formats, though I sometimes think about it...

Ben
12-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #18

Alan, you have got thinking of trying the same thing with a 180mm sonnar. I love the photos out of my 501cm (the 3D look you mention), but prefer the handling of the P67. I usually use an extension tube when shooting portraits so lack of infinity focus is not a problem. Instead of using the P67 mount of an extension tube I was thinking of getting a broken lens and taking the mount of this. Are there any problems with this? Also, what do you do with the aperture pin in the P6 lens when you convert?

Regards, Simon.