Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to the 67 club

My father bought a very early 6x7 in April and I made the mistake of visiting him and using it for a weekend. After using it, I knew I had to have one and I finally found one I like along with 45mm, 75mm, and 105mm lenses.
So far I am thrilled with it and have had a smile on my face since it showed up. Immediately it needs a wooden grip. Longer term I'm going to round out the lens collection with a 200mm for portraits and replace the microprism focusing screen with a split image/microprism screen if such a thing exists. Can anyone recommend a backpack that can take the body and 2-3 lenses?

Here it is beside my first and favorite camera.

Attached Images

07-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #2

Welcome to the club!

I have a 6X7 MLU that I carry in a Tamrac Velocity 10x sling pack, with a total of 3 lenses and a few additional accessories. It's not quite a backpack (having only one strap, so you can pull it around in front of you for easy access) but it works well for me.

Definitely track down the wooden grip--makes the 67 easier to handle. I found mine at Adorama but there are usually a few floating around on eBay.
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Congrats! I have the wooden grip and never use it. I'm not sure about finding that focus screen. I put a grid screen in one of my 67s which was from a 67II. It was not as thick as the original but seems to work. And if you're going to replace it yourself, a word of caution.

You need to make a special tool to get the front guide pins off if you don't want to gouge things up with a pliers and there are some super small brass shims under them. They shim the spacing for the snugness of fit for the prism or WLF. Don't lose them!
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #4

I use a Flipside 400 by Lowepro which not only carries my 67II, the 45, 105 and sometimes even the zoom but also looks good and is great for very hot or very cold days. Keeps everything in there cold in summer or warm in winter.
The grip is a must-have. As is a split-image focussing screen, I agree.