Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Med Format Auctions....

Forgive me if someone else posted these. But I just saw them and if I am not mistaken this is what some of you guys seriously covet? There are two auctions on these going on now as I type. Both of them do look like there's some real interest but you still might pick up one fairly cheap and there is lots of extra stuff with both of them.

shopgoodwill.com - #6446799 - Pentax 645 Medium Format Camera Body + Lens - 7/15/2010 11:48:15 AM

shopgoodwill.com - #6454966 - Pentax 67 Camera with Lens, Case and accessories - 7/17/2010 12:00:00 PM

Good luck!

07-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Darn it, I thought I had a lock on the goodwill auctions and there you go and out it for everyone, LOL. I have got a lot of gear from them, some of it actuality worked, However I would say over 80% of what I got from them had some sort of problem. Last was a view camera that has a cracked front lens, They still never bothered to return an email.
07-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
You definitely take your chances with Goodwill as I have found out several times. Sometimes what you get can be as described or even better, other times you open the box and it's like "OH SH!"

Once and a while it's a pleasant surprise, like with my Yashica lenses which were in amazing condition, but usually with gear it goes the other way a lot of the time as was the case with my Honeywell Pentax SPII.

These cameras though. I don't see them so often, offered like that, and since I know some of you are really big fans of them I had to speak up.

Don't feel so bad Ak. You're in good company. Getting good camera gear, particularly Pentax is plenty tough to do on Goodwill lately. It seems like everyone has suddenly figured out that you can get good Takumars and Pentax cameras on there and what used to cost $20 if that is now routinely going for 2-3X that.

There's no such thing as a "cheap" Pentax anything on there anymore. Even the automatic Pentax vintage cameras are selling well. If it's not a plastic point and shoot you're fighting it out for what you want most of the time. Only cameras that are still relatively cheap on there sometimes are the Yashicas and Minoltas and even they are increasing in price lately.
07-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by akfreak Quote
Darn it, I thought I had a lock on the goodwill auctions and there you go and out it for everyone, LOL. I have got a lot of gear from them, some of it actuality worked, However I would say over 80% of what I got from them had some sort of problem. Last was a view camera that has a cracked front lens, They still never bothered to return an email.
@magkelly

Just a small head's up. I know you were intending to be helpful, but it is fairly customary on these forums to not publicize on-going auctions unless you have a question about the item being sold. Contention on an auction is what sends prices up and many of our forum users would just as soon keep contention down for auctions on which they are bidding or considering a bid.

Steve

07-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
this is what I wanted to say. Well said