Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2010, 12:57 AM   #1

E-10 Error on a Pentax 67 II

Hi all,

Well, I was so looking forward to running film through the Pentax 67ii body that I purchased recently. Unfortunately I've hit a problem on my very first roll. About 4 shots into a roll ok 220 film the LCD dial has stuck at showing 'E-10' and the shutter will not fire. I have checked the manual and it says that any errors with a first numeric of '1' mean that the camera has to be taken to a Pentax Service Center. Very dissapointing but I guess that is one of the chances you take with buying equipment on eBay. I will write to the guy who sold me the body too but I just wonder if anyone here had any advice on this specific error?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

07-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that this may sound trivial, but have you tried changing the batteries?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-31-2010, 07:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
No luck...

It's a good point. I had taken the batteries out and put them in again but just now I have tried replacing them with a brand new set of 2 CR123A's but still not helping. LCD still shows 'E-10' and the viewfinder shows a flashing shutter speed. Cannot wind the film or press the shutter...

Hmm.....

Rick
07-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Does the 67II have the shutter reset button like the old 6x7 has?

07-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
I don't believe so

I don't believe the camera does have a 'reset' button like the 67I bodies did. What I have managed to do now is open the back (with the camera in a changing bag) and manage to fiddle and wind the film on a couple shots. I then closed the back, removed the camera from the changing bag and the error 'E-10' had dissappeared. So it seems the error is something to do with the film winding mechanism possibly? I do remember reading somewhere of other photographers who had issues with the film winding.

Anyway, the eBay seller has agreed to take the camera back if the problem persists. So I will try and run at least 4-5 rolls (mixture of 120/220) through it this week to see whether the problem re-occurs. If it does come back I will try and return to seller. Does this seem like the best option? I'm just concerned that the camera seizes up when I'm out on a location (on a hike or up a mountain) somewhere...

Rgds
Rick
08-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I guess you will need to decide if you loaded the camera incorrectly and caused an advance fault or if you think there is a fault with the wind mechanism.
From a peace of mind perspective, I'd send it in for service, and consider that part of the price of the camera.
08-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it work fine when no film is loaded?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #8

Original Poster
no film loaded

I think it seemed fine with no film loaded but is there anything specific that I should be checking? I ran a couple rolls of 120 through yesterday without any issues and am now half way through a 220 roll and no problem there so far. I have been extra careful with winding the film lever though, making sure I move the lever slowly and with even pressure to the extent of its movement each time. I'll try a few more rolls this week to see how it goes...

Rgds
Rick