Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

M42 to Pentax 67 adapter?

Does such an adapter exist?
I've been looking on google and ebay but nothing.
You can get Pentax 67 to Canon EOS adapters for example but I would love to experiment with my Takumar 50 1.4 on the 67! Just curious to see what I'd get, would probably get major vignetting.
Any one know of such adapters?
Thanks,

08-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never heard of such an adapter, nor would I see the point in anyone making one (apart from for experimentation, like you said). A 50mm takumar on your 6x7 would likely produce a circle about half the size of the film itself.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Adam,

yeah that's what I thought. I'm just curious as to what it would look like. But then again I could be wasting the film if over half of it doesn't get used (exposed).
Thanks though
08-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tonton Quote
Hi Adam,

yeah that's what I thought. I'm just curious as to what it would look like.
You can simulate it to satisfy your curiosity. Bring up any wide angle shot in an image editor and apply a heavy, over-done circular vignette.