Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Where to find 67 diopter?

Need one for my 67 with TTL prism, too hard to focus! I really like the built-in adjuster on the K10D.

08-24-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It says here that there's a -1 diopter: PENTAX 6x7 TTL Pentaprism Finder - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags

Have you tried rotating the inner eyepiece element (here's a diagram: Pentax Underwater Viewfinder - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-24-2010, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

If you have no luck finding a Pentax Diopter, I would look at Edmund Scientific because they have a huge assortment of small lenses. There are many diameters and strengths (focal lengths) to choose from. You might want to measure the inside diameter of the eyepiece. When you take the eyepiece out of the finder, you will notice that there is room to put a small lens element on the inside part of the eyepiece. The diopter strength will be very close to the eyeglass prescription you use. If you can, get a coated lens.
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I have one but I don't know what the specs on it are. I suggest taking the round eye piece off and asking your optometrist and lens people about it. Its round and shouldn't be much of a problem. That's what I was going to do. When I took it off, there was already one in there. I took it out and that solved most of my problems.

10-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #5

pentax 67 viewfinder diopter

Just came across this thread, I've been using Pentax 67 for many years, I've fitted mine with a "Beattie" split image bright screen, and regarding the diopter for the viewfinder, I discovered by accident that the threaded circular diopter correction (viewfinder eyepiece) from a Nikon F100 is the same size to the Pentax 67, the thread is the same, and the F100 glass diameter is the same, I use a Nikon F100 +0.5 diopter on my pentax 67, it fits nicely and looks like it was made for the camera, combined with the Beattie screen it means I can continue to use and focus the camera with ease. I have a spare +1 nikon diopter just in case my eyesight gets worse over the next few years! The Nikon diopter costs about £15, they are fairly easy to come by.
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #6

I just pulled out one of my f100 bodies and tried the eye piece and it fits like a glove. I just ordered the diopter from amazon and should be getting it soon. Thanks -A
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Give some thought to also having a WLF in your camera bag. Good for landscape, 100% view, has magnifying glass, easier critical focus and compact.

01-28-2011, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #8

Thanks but I don't shoot much with it and when I do on the rare occasion, I only shoot portraits with it, so I need a eye level finder with proper diopter. Sucks getting old!
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax67_151 Quote
Thanks but I don't shoot much with it and when I do on the rare occasion, I only shoot portraits with it, so I need a eye level finder with proper diopter. Sucks getting old!
Well, you can easily shoot with a WLF in portrait orientation if you use a tripod. But, yeah, it's not ideal.
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #10

Well I received the Nikon finder diopter for the F100, and it didn't not work for me. I ordered the +3 strength and it is still blurry. I shoot with my left eye. I am a + 2.50 in the left eye. It could be a distance thing where the diopter glass is positioned. Argh! Back to the drawing board.
02-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Success! Well, almost....

I wear specs for reading and close work, usually around 2.5 dioptre, (UK spelling) so tried viewing through those, not right. I happened to have on my desk a +1 dioptre adapter for Pentax M series cameras, so I held that to view through..perfect!

Now I know what dioptre lens I need, I just have to find one that fits.......
02-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A Nikon 1.0 diopter Eyepiece Correction for Nikon D1/F100 model cameras £16.99 Delivery: Next Working Day £ 4.99 Total: £21.98...
Ordered yesterday afternoon and received this morning.

PERFECT FIT on my Pentax 6x7 and perfect correction for my eyesight which needs a 2-3 diptre reading glass, and has a lightly slimmer mount so my eye is closer to the prism than with the pentax original eyepiece.

I bought this from Wex Photographic - Digital Camera, Digital SLR Cameras, Lens, Canon, Nikon Hope this helps someone.
02-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by grahamcoad Quote
A Nikon 1.0 diopter Eyepiece Correction for Nikon D1/F100 model cameras £16.99 Delivery: Next Working Day £ 4.99 Total: £21.98...
Ordered yesterday afternoon and received this morning.

PERFECT FIT on my Pentax 6x7 and perfect correction for my eyesight which needs a 2-3 diptre reading glass, and has a lightly slimmer mount so my eye is closer to the prism than with the pentax original eyepiece.

I bought this from Wex Photographic - Digital Camera, Digital SLR Cameras, Lens, Canon, Nikon Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for posting, do you know if the Pentax 6x7 rubber eye-cup fits on the Nikon eyepiece?

Phil.