Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #1

P645n shutter release button/contacts stuck

Hi everyone,

my 645n acquired not so long time ago seems to have a rather annyoing shutter release problem.
Although the button isn't physically stuck pressed halfway down, the camera behaves as if it was - always displaying data in the viewfinder display and locking AF in single mode (which makes this mode pretty much useless) as soon as the camera is turned on and focuses on the first available object.

Does anyone have a service manual, or knows how to disassemble the camera's grip and get? (As I suppose the problem is caused by shutter release contact being dirty/worn our - although the camera is IMO in too good shape for this to be worn out already.)

Thanks for you help!

09-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't have a service manual for you, but have you checked that there isn't something shorting the cable release port? (On the back of the camera, just where the grip joins the body, far down. There may be a cover over it.)
09-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply - checked the cable release port - looks good & clean - so it's probably some dirt / worn out contact that needs to be replaced. :/