Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax 645D, soon to be available in Vancouver, BC - London Drugs of all places!

Here is the link to the store announcement: Search Center - London Drugs Search - I'll have to take a gander at the branch where the 645D will be displayed, hopefully I won't embarrass myself too much drooling on the counter.

Thanks,

10-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perfectly good camera stores all over town and Pentax debuts their flagship product in a drug and variety store?

Steve

(Two cases down from the cheap watches and costume jewelry, I presume and across the aisle from the hemorrhoid remedies...)
10-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Perfectly good camera stores all over town and Pentax debuts their flagship product in a drug and variety store?

Steve
To be fair, London Drugs has always had a very good photography department. The local London Drugs (not the one with 645D) has quite extensive selection of Pentax cameras and lenses, that was where I got to play with Pentax camera bodies - even now they still have a brand new K20D on display.

Thanks,
10-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is SOOOOOO awesome to hear!! I have the Pentax 645 film and it's a lovely machine, although a beast to carry

I'd love to check it out sometime. Cool to see that Pentax is doing some marketing and it getting these products into stores!

10-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
That is SOOOOOO awesome to hear!! I have the Pentax 645 film and it's a lovely machine, although a beast to carry

I'd love to check it out sometime. Cool to see that Pentax is doing some marketing and it getting these products into stores!
So you picked up a P645, I remember reading a thread here where you wanted a P645 - what did you end up buying? P645 is fairly small compared to other medium format cameras of it's day. The P645D is supposed to be available to view (may even be allowed to get our grubby paws on it) from mid-November at the Broadway branch, go take a look when you get the chance. When I go there, I am going to take some lenses with me to try out the camera.

Thanks,
10-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They have a great camera department and they are the reason I finally dumped Canon and went back to Pentax after speaking to one of the sales reps back when the K10d came out. Looking forward to seeing the 645d available.