Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #76
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by etrigan63 Quote
I fear for the sanity of rest of the gang.
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.......

Sanity is fine, though I am having trouble staying awake.

Steve

10-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob YILDIRAN Quote
According to DxO Labs, the scores for the 645D sensor were consistently higher than those of the Leaf Aptus 75S, H3DII 39 & 50, Phase One P45 Plus. Actually the D645 together with the Phase One 40 Plus lead the pack... even for the higher ISO capability.

Let's wait for more samples....
Eyes vs. Numbers
10-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sanity is fine, though I am having trouble staying awake.
that is what coffee is for...
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote

the point of the article is medium format camera vs nikon d3x and aother full frame camera.

i have the same feeling but pentax 645 is a medium format camera, in a dslr, so considering that dxo marks ranks the camera high, no doubt that it beats tthe othe back...surely at high iso there is no comparision...leaf are usable at 400 above is all noise, as the hassy.

10-27-2010, 07:09 AM   #80

I think the value proposition of the 645D is going to be along the lines of "top-notch MFD images with DLSR features". If the DXO tests are an indicator (only side-by-side tests are really valid here, that's why I'm organizing one) the 645D is going to a lot of "bang for the buck:.
10-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by etrigan63 Quote
the 645D is going to a lot of "bang for the buck

which is exactly what pentax was planning on doing, if you look at the history of the development of the Pentax 645. In all honesty 2010 is probably the best year to come out with it. They have developed some very advanced technologies in a robust and well balanced camera system. Including some technologies that haven't been seen before in the MF Digital market.
10-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
the point of the article is medium format camera vs nikon d3x and aother full frame camera.
That's a corollary and used as a sub-argument, but not the main point.
10-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #83

Check this sample out on the lu-la forum. Yes it's a jpeg and yes it's at 800 iso. But it's a 1248x672 pixel crop.

Pentax 645D and Leica S2 sensor size

The detail looks good. I won't nitpick the obvious noise.

Something to chew on.

Claude

11-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #84
fap

I have been using the 645D extensively in the past 2 months in several field trips. What I can tell you is I see none of his observations. FYI I have been using MF cameras of other brands so I know what to expect from a modern MF system. In terms of AF the 645D+55 combo has the most snappy MF AF I have used so far. It feels much like a mid-level DSLR rather than a MF AF so I think that says a lot. Mirror slap is never a problem and I can confidently handheld a shot as slow as 1/40s. If you want to compare I won't do that with a H3D. Finally image quality is on par with most 40MP backs.

For your reference checkout this album. A good # of shots are done with the 645D - handheld.
11-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all for the user feedback is much appreciated; i'm glad i kept my 645 lenses i hope they have not seized, they've been boxed for a very long time since the body645 got sold off, i'll probably get Pentax canada to have them checked to be on the safe side.
11-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #86
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This thread just brings to mind to me how little stock I put in impressions gained by handling a camera for a few minutes. I felt the same way about the K5 reports from Photokina. It's probably just me, but unless there is a glaring malfunction, I don't feel I know much about any camera until I've gone through several hundred actuations--maybe more. I recall when I purchased my K10d seeing a number of blurred shots, and thinking it can't be me because I've been shooting film for 30+ years. Guess what; it was me not knowing what a focus point light really means on this camera.
11-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
This thread just brings to mind to me how little stock I put in impressions gained by handling a camera for a few minutes
+1 on that mate.
11-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Thank you all for the user feedback is much appreciated; i'm glad i kept my 645 lenses i hope they have not seized, they've been boxed for a very long time since the body645 got sold off, i'll probably get Pentax canada to have them checked to be on the safe side.
Give those lenses a sun bath now.