Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #16

Original Poster
Camera

The documentary explains that the camera was custom built my Ron Fricke and his DP in a machine shop. It shoots on 70mm film, and had a laptop computer controller with custom software for time lapse shots ( a 1990 macbook anti-air, about 25 lbs, with a 5" monochrome calculator screen, 137 seconds of battery life).

........Also they had SDM problems with the lens about halfway through the shoot. Pentax denied there was an issue.

Last edited by deanm3; 11-04-2010 at 04:51 AM.
11-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The TP is a nice lens but I find it a bit soft wide open: even a basic electron microscope can do this. It gets better from 0.2 and up, though. I guess I got a bad copy, but I suppose I took that risk buying it from this Bulvanian guy at Ebay for the bargain price of one national debt.
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jolepp,

You got taken for a ride! I've seen them offered for as little as an arm and a leg!

NaCl(but only right arm and left leg)H2O
11-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
The TP is a nice lens but I find it a bit soft wide open: even a basic electron microscope can do this. It gets better from 0.2 and up, though. I guess I got a bad copy, but I suppose I took that risk buying it from this Bulvanian guy at Ebay for the bargain price of one national debt.

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
jolepp,

You got taken for a ride! I've seen them offered for as little as an arm and a leg!

NaCl(but only right arm and left leg)H2O
Hey suckers!
Now we have gone medium format -
This the disguised K645D and (secret finder + f2.0 500mm lens)

Got the combination for a kidney, part of a liver and a lobe of lung in the "Donate an organ for transplant for cash are-us" scheme

Trouble is
I seem to have cuts all over my body
Can't seem to pee
Getting a bit yellow - sure that is just the white balance
Breathing seems a bit laboured

Still
The post-op guys sad it would take a little time
And
I have the - PENTAX - gear

11-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #20

The big white bazooka is indeed the M* 800/6.7 ED IF, but without the dedicated T5-1.4x converter.
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #21
Banned

3000mm F12 Pentax APO

11-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #22
Inactive Account

If you really want to know part II...

QuoteOriginally posted by surfotog Quote
The big white bazooka is indeed the M* 800/6.7 ED IF, but without the dedicated T5-1.4x converter.
Hi, nice to see someone else knowing older Pentax stuff, we for sure can agree that the lens is correct, but about the 1,4converter:

1. Perhaps you are right, i´m really not sure...

2. But: my reason for believing that the converter is attached is that i thought part of it were obscured by the cameras portruding parts. And even if its very hard to tell, i think i can see that the lens release button on the OP:s picture seems to be exactly like on the original 1,4 converter.

The best similar picture i have found is this:

http://(dont forget to replace this with www).luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/Pentax-800mm.shtml

Please join in our identification game...

Fel
11-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #23

For sure, it is not one of the Pentax telescopes, because those have either the Pentax-Logo around the hood or a green ring around the hood and the Pentax-Logo along the white tube.

Must be a MF lens then.

But a nice setup anyway!