Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #1

Hasselblad lenses on Pentax 645

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the focus confirm works when using a Hasselbald lens on the 645 via an adapter? From what I understand the focus confirm works for 67 lenses so I would assume it wouldn't be much different for V lenses. Age is getting to my eyesight, so focus confirm would be helpful for my MF lenses.

11-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
D W
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simon S Quote
I was just wondering if anyone knows if the focus confirm works when using a Hasselbald lens on the 645 via an adapter? From what I understand the focus confirm works for 67 lenses so I would assume it wouldn't be much different for V lenses. Age is getting to my eyesight, so focus confirm would be helpful for my MF lenses.
If you mean the 645N/Nii YES!

You get focus confirmation by the AF sensor for any lens that you can mount. I have personally used HassyV and P6. Longer lenses with small max aperture might have problem in lower light situations.
11-09-2010, 03:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
I did mean the 645n/nii.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Just one more question, do you need to use the depth of field preview to set the aperture, or does the adapter close down the aperture when the shutter is fired? Assuming you are not shooting wide open.
11-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
D W
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simon S Quote
I did mean the 645n/nii.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Just one more question, do you need to use the depth of field preview to set the aperture, or does the adapter close down the aperture when the shutter is fired? Assuming you are not shooting wide open.
Everything is manual, there is no mechanical linkage in the HassyC adapter. Focus, stop down lens, and shoot.