Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aeros Quote
Well Cobber; I think I'm a lucky sod not to get stuck with a Monday morning lemon. Just got of the phone with my dealer, he says that the body should be back by the end of this week or next week at the latest. Pentax has to swap out a bad part, they are very tight lipped, but it looks like a mechanical problem that is an easy fix and only affected a small number of cameras. Why me? Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket!

PS. hope the term Cobber is not offensive in Os.
The latest I got from the shop I'm dealing with was "should be speaking to you about picking up your camera sooner rather than later" and hinting at a quick turn around - so hopefully we're all in the same boat.

Reading the review on Luminous Landscapes I'd guess at the dial being the problem and hopefully that's it - quick remove/replace for those that need it, check the others to make sure they're OK, then send 'em on their merry way.

Fingers Crossed.

And cobber is a perfectly acceptable, if rarely used now, alternative to mate, buddy, pal ......etc

11-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was in Leos Cameras on Granville Street, Vancouver BC Canada Yesterday. When I asked about the 645D, they said that they had one in the store for a couple of hours. However, Pentax had called and made them return it for a firmware update. They expect to have it back within a week .
11-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #18

The first shipment of 645D's to hit The Camera Store in Calgary were recalled by Pentax, as happened elsewhere in Canada. However a second shipment arrived late this week. I picked mine up on Friday, virtually elbowing my way to the counter through a small crowd lined up to play with the demonstrator unit. Okay, an exaggeration, but only a small one. There were 4 or 5 folks there to look at the 645D... seemed like a good bit of healthy buzz on a Friday at mid-afternoon.

Staff indicated these new cameras that arrived are a 2nd shipment, not the 1st (recalled) shipment come back again. No details were confirmed about why the first batch had to to go back. But since a 2nd batch came very quickly, in fact probably already were in transit when whatever happened to the first batch happened, it seems the issue with the recalled units likely wasn't anything that serious...
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Royce Howland Quote
The first shipment of 645D's to hit The Camera Store in Calgary were recalled by Pentax, as happened elsewhere in Canada. However a second shipment arrived late this week. I picked mine up on Friday, virtually elbowing my way to the counter through a small crowd lined up to play with the demonstrator unit. Okay, an exaggeration, but only a small one. There were 4 or 5 folks there to look at the 645D... seemed like a good bit of healthy buzz on a Friday at mid-afternoon.

Staff indicated these new cameras that arrived are a 2nd shipment, not the 1st (recalled) shipment come back again. No details were confirmed about why the first batch had to to go back. But since a 2nd batch came very quickly, in fact probably already were in transit when whatever happened to the first batch happened, it seems the issue with the recalled units likely wasn't anything that serious...
That's good news - hopefully it means mine isn't too far off then and I might have a new toy to play with over the weekend (fingers crossed).