Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,043
QuoteOriginally posted by aeros Quote




He told me about a British Photo Magazine that did a review, ergonomics.. chunky and heavy 7/10. resolution 8/10. price 7/10 and so on for an average of 7/10. I said I don't give a toss about the Brit agenda riddled review. I told him Iím over the moon with it. Anyone who doesnít rave over this camera, doesnít own one but wants to in the worst way, but canít come up with the coin and is jealous! I think that describes the Brit photo mag., writer who reviewed this camera. He must be a skinny little runt if this camera is too chunky and too heavy.

Just tell him you can't hear him over the awesomeness of your new camera.

12-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 24
I just came across this from Adorama. It's in the top three cameras for image quality and the author rated it excellent at all ISO's.
15 Low-Light High-ISO All-Star Digital Cameras from Adorama Learning Center
12-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
Senior Member
aeros's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: EDMONTON
Posts: 105
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by psdigital Quote
I just came across this from Adorama. It's in the top three cameras for image quality and the author rated it excellent at all ISO's.
15 Low-Light High-ISO All-Star Digital Cameras from Adorama Learning Center
I'll pass it on to my brother in-law. Thanks for this.
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #19
Veteran Member
stanic's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PB
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 380
QuoteOriginally posted by aeros Quote
[COLOR=#4d4d4d][FONT=Verdana]He was gob struck when I told him I just received my 645D. He told me it is just released in the UK and sells for 9999.00 pounds sterling! I asked if it came with every lens available included for that price. He said it was the price for just the body; then I was gob struck! This canít be true.
so, what is the price over the ocean then?
nice shot, and the lens seems to work fine with the sensor in the daylight

12-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
aeros's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: EDMONTON
Posts: 105
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stanic Quote
so, what is the price over the ocean then?
nice shot, and the lens seems to work fine with the sensor in the daylight
I have not confirmed the UK price other than what my B in-law told me. I just can't believe it is more than twice the price it is in Canada. As to your comment about the shot I posted. I was surprised that that old 2.8 75mm could do such a job, combined with the new sensor, it really is surprising. I will try and get more info on the UK price just to satisfy your curiosity and mine.

Thanks for your comment.

RJ.
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member
stanic's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PB
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 380
QuoteOriginally posted by aeros Quote
I have not confirmed the UK price other than what my B in-law told me. I just can't believe it is more than twice the price it is in Canada. As to your comment about the shot I posted. I was surprised that that old 2.8 75mm could do such a job, combined with the new sensor, it really is surprising. I will try and get more info on the UK price just to satisfy your curiosity and mine.

Thanks for your comment.

RJ.
well, I was curious about the price in Canada, since I sit over here in Europe
so, more than twice? that is sick... how much is the K5 in Canada? Here the body costs 1200 Ä, which is nearly 1600 CAD...but dont say it is half the price, please
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 132
QuoteOriginally posted by aeros Quote
I was stunned at what I got with the 1:2.8 75mm. I plan on adding a new digital 55mm and an 80-160 zoom.

My used, dented 75mm f2.8 has given me the best results on the 645D of any lens I've tried. (And I now think I've tried them all...god my wife is understanding!)

- N.
12-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,163
645D is $10500 canadian body only (list price) vs a 999 pound with the eschange rate hwere it is sells at $15820 so about 50% more
the K5 sells body only from 1458-1599 depending on the dealer so really not that differnt from the euro price (bet the pound price is higher though it usually is)

12-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #24
Veteran Member
stanic's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PB
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 380
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
645D is $10500 canadian body only (list price) vs a 999 pound with the eschange rate hwere it is sells at $15820 so about 50% more
the K5 sells body only from 1458-1599 depending on the dealer so really not that differnt from the euro price (bet the pound price is higher though it usually is)
thank you!
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #25
Senior Member
aeros's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: EDMONTON
Posts: 105
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
My used, dented 75mm f2.8 has given me the best results on the 645D of any lens I've tried. (And I now think I've tried them all...god my wife is understanding!)

- N.
I knew all the credit went to the camera and my old 75mm 2.8
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #26
Senior Member
aeros's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: EDMONTON
Posts: 105
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
645D is $10500 canadian body only (list price) vs a 999 pound with the eschange rate hwere it is sells at $15820 so about 50% more
the K5 sells body only from 1458-1599 depending on the dealer so really not that differnt from the euro price (bet the pound price is higher though it usually is)
It's been years since I converted the Pound Sterling to Canadian Dollars. I'm shocked at how much the Canadian Dollar has gained on the pound. Can$ = .631 GBP. so your figures are correct, the P645D costs about $5,346.00 more in the UK and as you said (I stand corrected) 50% more not twice!
12-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,163
the pound has taken a beating in the last year or so, hence my trip to london in october first time i've been in 33 years because now it's not much more of a stretch than europe
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
business, camera, format, medium format, moon, nose, photo, price, resolution, street
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Will He Give it Up? Wildnsyko General Talk 16 08-21-2009 07:48 PM
The winter not give up drmartin Post Your Photos! 5 04-07-2009 11:55 AM
Before I toss them siric Pentax Film SLR Discussion 3 07-17-2008 06:47 AM
I Give Up!! Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 14 06-22-2008 06:47 PM
I give up NaClH2O Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 04-22-2008 08:02 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top