Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sir_bazz Quote
I love my K-5 but it's not even close to the 645D.

Have a look at the cloth samples at base ISO using the imagingresources comparo tool. I forgot that all cloth has weave until seeing those.

bazz.
hehe, that it is...
mind blowing resolution and detail from this one!
A poor attempt at sarcastic humor on my part.

12-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
hehe, that it is...
mind blowing resolution and detail from this one!
A poor attempt at sarcastic humor on my part.
You really have to stop all this hype John, as much as I love my Pentax cameras you are really getting carried away (IMHO)!

Cheers,
Ray
12-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steve perry Quote
Well, that link is gonna cost me $10K I think. The detail is just fantastic.
I can post such links, since I don't have the 10k euros. Though, do I really need a car? And two kidneys?
12-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
You really have to stop all this hype John, as much as I love my Pentax cameras you are really getting carried away (IMHO)!

Cheers,
Ray
It was good for a laugh and laughing is good right?

Though I think the gist of my comment flew right past many peoples heads.
Either way, I'm really not sure how healthy it is to be in love with your camera

12-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #20

Imaging Resource has its images as well out from 645D

It is really best DSLR (most medium formats are fragile devices and UI-s are quite complicated for wedding shooting) from resolution point of view. 645D goes up to iso 1600 this is not too much and has 1 fps continuous shooting but this is enough for landscapes, group photos, product photos, wedding etc. This quality can not be achieved with any CaniKon camera. If you need high iso, just carry another camera in your bag, other MF cameras do not shine here either.Pentax AF is definitely No 1 in medium format league and brings other features into MF, like P-TTL shoe mount flash.

35 mm FF cameras can not beat 645D at iso 1600, because they loose detail. Imaging Resource has 645D, 5D2 and A900 images. There is nothing to compare here, MF can see fabric thread texture when 35mm FF has even problems with printed textures on the fabric.
12-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
Hey Warped, I'm really looking forward to hearing your experiences when the camera arrives.

I'm surprised to say you found that AF better than the D3x. In my limited experience with the Nikon, its AF is the best in the business right now.

The 645D is lovely in the hand, but a D3x system does beat it in versatility. Think about an image stabilized 16-35 f4, 70-200 f2.8 kit. That's going to be a lot easier to use than any MF combination. Question is the results. If everything works right, the 645D will beat its pants off in resolution, at 100% on screen, but I'm not sure how much it would show up in print up to 13x19.
<snip>
That said, if you can get your hands on a D3x and the 645D side-by-side, a lot of us on here would love to see and hear about the results. If you don't beat me to it, a buddy and I might get around to this over Xmas, if we get some snow.

Cheers,

- N.
Hi Nick,

I'd spent a total 12 to 14 hours with the D3x before using it in anger at a wedding, so maybe I wasn't getting the most out of it when it came to using the AF. That said, I had the demo 645D for 3 hours before using it for a shoot in a dimly night club .... though I do have the Pentax experience behind me so it was more intuative.
Normally I'd centre focus and re-compose, but found the 645D left in auto seemed to pick the spot I wanted to focus on a lot better (and quicker) than the Nikon did, especially towards the outer edges of main focus area. I've nothing concrete or definitive to back that up, just seat of the pants stuff.

Stabilisation - I've never used it on any kit, MF film, 35mm SLR or DSLRs to date ... so no idea how well stabilisation helps things out in general and can't comment there.

A local pro has the full Nikon set-up and a D3x and is keen to try out the 645D (mine has arrived now!!) for Aerial work and the higher resolution and detail - so will try and grab him to do a comparo in the near future.